- Maintain, modify, and install the various components of aircraft sheet metal.
- Repair, rework, install and fabricate the complex aircraft structural assemblies, both internal and external.
- Lay out plans, fabrication, and installation models for modifications.
- Balance rotary-wing aircraft controls and apply primers/paints on aircraft surfaces.
- Fabricate structural parts using metal-forming techniques and fiberglass materials
- Perform checks; carry out inspections and removal of components.
- Study technical manuals, blueprints, and engineering drawings.
- Provide assistance to aircraft technicians and mechanics on various tasks.
- Remove and disassemble defective parts of the aircraft.
- Perform final checks on assembly and installation of parts that were replaced.
- Maintain and keep track of all the maintenance records.
- Adhere to company policies and safety programs.
- Maintain the supplies and perform preventive maintenance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- U.S. military technical school or specialized training course is desired, certification of education level is required.
- Three (3) or more years aviation maintenance experience within the past Five (5) years on the mission design series (MDS) UH60, AH64, CH47.
- Or A&P license and Two (2) years aviation maintenance experience within the past Five (5) years on the mission design series UH60, AH64, CH47 (MDS).
- Must be in possession of a U.S. Passport and be able to travel internationally with minimum 6 blank pages and 1.5 plus year validity on expiration date of passport.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain facility credentials/authorization. Note: US Citizenship is required for a facility credentials/authorization at the work location.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain facility Public Trust NAC-I. Note: US Citizenship is required for facility Public Trust NAC-I at this work location.
- Must be able to pass CENTCOM medical requirements.
Knowledge & Skills
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair.
- Basic knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts.
- Basic knowledge of electrical theory and a thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers.
- Working knowledge of technical publications and Logistics Information Systems.
- Able to prioritize workloads to maintain schedules on assigned projects and is required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks.
- Possess the level of experience to inspect all required aeronautical type maintenance to be performed by Mechanics.
- The incumbent receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician, will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift heavy objects whose weight may exceed 50 pounds.
- Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications.
- Will handle dirty parts and lubricants.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to pass a Respirator Physical and Fit Test qualification.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, forklift, etc.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 pounds.
- May work in maintenance shop or outside.
- Must be able to work in a shop where the environment is drafty, noisy, and dirty.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- May be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts or vehicles.
- May be expected to work in austere environments and all-weather conditions.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit www.amentumcareers.com.