VTC Technician will be based at one of three Amentum sites in Iraq (Union III) and serve the Operations and Maintenance Support Services (OMSS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State. The VTC Technician supports Tier 1/2 video conferencing equipment and provides ongoing Video Conferencing Technical Support to the customer. This position is responsible for resolving issues related to in-room technology; AV/VC equipment failure, physical malfunction and software configurations and conduct root cause analyses to improve processes and trend reoccurring issues to improve service. This position serves as the escalation point for the Events Service Team.
- Communicates with team, as it relates to assigned calls, day-to-day functions, operations, scheduling, and any other videoconferencing related issues.
- Assesses and reports on performance and usage numbers.
- Schedule and manage telephone meetings using phone conference, VTC and UC meetings
- Support various operations and maintenance (O&M) task for a variety of media systems, including live and delayed streaming broadcast.
- Perform system integrity and connectivity test to ensure system availability.
- Troubleshoots and maintains all technology pertaining to the AV System in all conference rooms on a Tier 1/2 basis. Serves as the subject matter expert for Video Conferencing Technical Support.
- Provides ongoing Video Conferencing technical support.
- Maintains the ticketing systems to open track and resolve assignments.
- Assists with Make/Add/Changes requests throughout the facility pertaining to AV and VC.
- Troubleshoots as needed to satisfy the end users’ needs and escalates if necessary.
- Swaps equipment as needed to maintain service levels.
- Ensures all VTC systems and subsystems remain compliant with all applicable Federal and DoD regulations.
- Develop and maintain documentation of all process associated with administration of the network and duties performed by network and systems administrators.
- Manages DoD video conferencing requests to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Maintains and enhances customer services by organizing and evaluating service and delivery systems, and procedures.
- Experience with industry standard bridging services.
- Experience supporting communications/media systems such as: phone conference systems, VTC systems, UC interfaces, live and delayed streaming video and digital signage technologies.
- Experience with Video Teleconference (VCT) and Unifies Communications (UC) technologies.
- Experience in equipment integration, handling, break/fixing, and configuring all hardware related to VC: projectors, VC hardware, Audio, Video and Control connector types, and cable types, to include BICSI.
- Experience with media/VTC/UC vendors and technologies such as Polycom, Microsoft Lync (Skype for Business), VBrick, Sonus, Cisco, Ectocrypt, Acano etc. As well as, Crestron/ Vortex, Crestron Toolbox, Clearone DSP software.
- Experience in troubleshooting software development processes and ability to understand and implement client requirements.
- Experience in design and installation of digital audio and video signal processing and routing equipment.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to create charts, reports, and graphs for management review.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate knowledge of VTC technology and equipment and coordinating VTC meetings across multiple sites.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory/GPO integration with SCCM.
- Possess good knowledge of different software systems, client/server architectures and various compatibility requirements.
- Ability to map AV systems without system drawings.
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
- Ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
- Must be responsive, efficient, have excellent customer interaction, and exhibit a high level of professionalism.
- The ideal candidate will not find difficult tech problems deterring or frustrating, but intriguing and will welcome the challenge.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment, under immense pressure. The pace requires independent and confident thinking, self- motivation, and determination.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED. A vocational diploma in Communications, Electronics, Electrician, or Internet Technology or have completed a certified copier technical program.
- Passport, Licenses and Certifications:
- As part of pre-contingency requirements, by the time the visa process starts, candidates must possess a valid passport with a minimum of 18 months remaining to expiration date with 8 blank pages.
- Cisco Collaboration certification a plus.
- Other vendor (Crestron, Polycom, etc.) certifications are desirable.
- Any one of these certifications CCNA, CCNP, MCSA.
- Cyber Awareness Training
- SEC +
- Valid drivers’ license
- Previous out of home country experience and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions are a plus.
- Experience working with PAE.
Security Vetting: Already possess a US Government issued secret security clearance or be able to obtain a favorable US Government secret security clearance prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required clearance level for the duration of the contract.
Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
Working And Living Conditions
This position may be in a war zone, in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50- 55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment, as well as willing and able to deploy to Iraq for extended periods. Work schedules are a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, while some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time and being capable of running and ‘duck & cover’ during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Amentum is a drug-free workplace.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit pae.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.