ICRC (International Committee of the Red Cross) - Baghdad
Accountant will be responsible for keeping and interpreting German Red Cross (GRC) financial records and for a wide range of finance-related tasks of GRCs projects. The accountant will monitor project finances and work closely with Iraqi Red Crescent Society (IRCS) to ensure all procedures and rules of IRCS and GRC are fulfilled as well as coordinate and follow up with the International Red Cross Committee (ICRC) and other partners on invoices and other financial related issues related to existing agreements. Also, he/she will be assigned access and is responsible to maintain and keep updated GRCs financial software.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide departments with the necessary information to enable the preparation of accounting documents.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all financial documents.
- Advise, train relevant IRCS finance teams against GRC advances.
- Ensure that all payments are made on complete documentation and are filed immediately in respective currency files as per the filing system in implementation.
- Responsible for all aspects of petty cash in all currencies, receipts into and payments out of petty cash.
- Daily cash counts and reconciliation of journal balances.
- Timely payments of goods and services based on complete supporting documentation.
- Timely payment of per diems to resident staff and volunteers.
- Preparation of the monthly count and obtain the required management signature.
- Daily data input into FundsPro financial system in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
- Respects GRC chart of accounts when entering expenditures, incomes, transfers, etc.
- Ensures the correct and timely bookkeeping of all GRC bank and cash box accounts. This includes capturing all bank and cash books (USD and IQDs and receivables to IRCS).
- Controls correct translation, stamping and filing of vouchers by Logistics and Finance Officer according to the standard filing system.
- Preparation of the office payment authorizations for signature, ensure that all supporting documentation is attached.
- Prepare cheques for signatures and ensure that all payments are approved by the budget holder before preparing cheques.
- Prepare bank transfer for signature and present to the bank for execution of the same.
- Prepare bank journal and closely monitor the physical balances of each cost centres.
- Responsible for the timely and correct closure of the accounting of all accounts in the system.
- Preparation of all necessary documents for the closing operation (list of signatures and treasury situation).
- Take part of follow-up on budget expenditures.
- Monthly bank reconciliation with accounting system based on statements of account.
Education and Professional Experience required
- University degree in business administration, finance/accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in finance and accountancy field.
- Willing to travel to areas of Iraq outside of assigned duty station.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, and results driven.
- Fluent command of English is required and Native speaker or fluency of Arabic.
- Computer proficiency Including Microsoft Office Suit.
How To Apply
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates are invited to send their application to [email protected] and write in the subject line “Surname, First name/ Position Name”.
The application should contain a:
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts.
- Cover Letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for this position and your salary expectations; and
- Minimum of (2) two professional references.
Please note that:
- Applications will only be accepted for Iraqi nationals.
- The successful candidate will undergo a three month-probation period.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
NB: Should you not have received a response from the ICRC within one month of submission of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting or processing.