NATO Mission in Iraq
NATO Mission in Iraq
31-Jan-2024, 11:59:00 PM
Salary (Pay Basis)
NOTIFICATION OF MISSION CIVILIAN VACANCY
OPEN ONLY TO NATIONALS OF NATO MEMBER STATES AND TROOP CONTRIBUTING NATIONS (TCNs) – ( Australia, Sweden, Montenegro and Luxembourg); if you belong to one of the TCNs please contact the Civilian Human Resources Office before applying (+39 081 721 2727)
LOCATION: Baghdad, Iraq
TITLE: Advisor 2 (WPS)
GRADE: MCIV 6
SECURITY CLEARANCE: NATO SECRET
- POST CONTEXT
NMI is a non-combat, demands-driven advisory and training mission which executes its tasks in close cooperation with Iraqi partners.
COM NMI, as the in theatre operational commander, command an increasingly self-sustaining, non-combat mission in close coordination with key stakeholders from the international community.
Gender Advisor (GENAD) office informs and advises Commander, HQ staff and Division Directors on the integration of a gender perspective in all aspects of NMI’s internal processes.
Within the NMI Office of the Gender Advisor, the incumbent’s main responsibility is to advise and plan the Women, Peace and Security efforts and activities in support for the development and implementation of National Action Plan of Iraqi Government.
The incumbent’s duties are:
- Advise Iraqi counterparts in identifying gaps, and plan accordingly.
- Attend relevant meetings with international stakeholders in theatre and include received information to plan.
- Ensure that the WPS activities of NMI are in-line with and support the wider Iraqi Government WPS National Action Plan and is derived from the political and legal framework.
- Ensure continuity and sustainability of effort and on-site followup with Iraqi counterparts on outcomes and opportunities resulting from Liaise and interact with all relevant actors of NMI, NATO, and bilateral partners as necessary.
- Report to/support WPS lead coordination.
- Identifies Iraqi need/request for dedicated projects (both specific advisory efforts, and larger activities/support); including identifying the relevant stakeholders within both ISI/ISF and NMI.
- Project manager and/or project member for specific projects both in and outside own area of expertise.
The employee may be required to perform a similar range of duties elsewhere within the organisation at the same grade without there being any change to the contract.
- The incumbent may be required to deploy on operational tasks, or to undertake operational TDY assignments elsewhere.
- Exceptional employment in locations outside of the borders of Iraq and under austere conditions for prolonged periods of time might occur.
- The incumbent must be prepared for temporary reassignment within NMI’s authorized CE in accordance with ACO 045-003 and as directed by COM NMI, in support of operational requirements.
- Given the dynamic operating environment in Iraq, the incumbent must be prepared to retrograde from the Greater Baghdad Area, possibly at short notice, for employment in locations outside of the borders of Iraq and under austere conditions for prolonged periods of time.
The work is normally performed in a Normal NATO office working environment / Secure office environment with artificial light and air (e.g. Bunker).
Slightly Undesirable Conditions apply.
The risk of injury is categorised as: Moderate Risk of Injury
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A University degree in International relations, or any related field or related discipline and 4 years of post-related experience or a higher secondary education and completed advanced vocational training in that discipline leading to a professional qualification or professional accreditation with 6 years of post-related plus 2 years of function-related experience ;
Minimum four (4) years professional experience in the multi-national environment, working for an International Organization or a national administration;
Knowledge of NATO political and military processes;
Experience in post conflict environments and / or security sector reform;
English Language- SLP 3333- (Listening. Speaking, Reading and Writing)
Experience in planning, implementing, monitoring and assessing international support efforts under NATO or other International Organization’s mandate.
Experience in Iraq or elsewhere in the Middle East.
Extensive knowledge and experience with WPS, defense policy and defense/ force planning, strategic planning, capability assessment and defense capacity building.
Arabic- SLP 2222- (Listening. Speaking, Reading and Writing).
- POSITION AND CANDIDATE PROFILE
Personal Attributes: The incumbent must be a mature and experienced person, who displays sound judgment, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and unquestionable integrity. The incumbent must be a highly motivated individual. The incumbent must display above average skills, the ability to work long hours under considerable stress. The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to work as part of a wider human team characterized by cultural, linguistic, ethnic, and professional diversity.
Professional Contacts: Regular professional contacts with others inside and/or outside immediate organization on functional matters.Solicits/gives information and provides advice/guidance.
Contribution To Objectives: The work involves the analysis and research of a complete task with recommendations affecting the plans and management of the organizational element.
There are no reporting responsibilities.
This post reports to:
NTI GDX 0010 – Senior Advisor (Gender) – OF-4
- EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS
The successful candidate will be offered a 12-month definite duration contract, which may be renewed based on the operational need/funding for the position.
The basic salary for an MCIV 6 is Euro € 6,705.00 per month (exempt from local taxation). A further amount of 12% of the basic salary will be paid to the staff member every month to satisfy personal pension obligations, plans, and/or schemes. Furthermore, the successful candidate may be eligible to event-based allowances ( hazard, austere, extended working hours), in accordance with the conditions stipulated by the Mission Civilian Rules.
This post is a non-accompanied assignment. Living quarters provided by NATO.
The NMI mission, while not combat, is executed in a combat environment. Specific roles, responsibilities, and tasks are subject to change based on the Commander’s on-the-spot assessment of the situation. Commander, NMI reserves the right to reassign personnel or reapportion tasks within the CE based on mission requirements/changes. Must be prepared for intra theatre movements by ground or air, in accordance with national force protection caveats.
- HOW TO APPLY
HQ JFC Naples uses NATO Talent Acquisition Platform. In order to apply for this vacancy, please visit the platform at: https://nato.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en , and search for vacancies within HQ JFC Naples with duty location Baghdad, Iraq.
Once you created your profile, you will be able to use it to apply for other vacancies within NATO.
Important note for candidates:
Staff members are appointed to and hold posts on the establishment of a NATO body only on condition that:
They are nationals of a NATO member country;
They are over 21 and under 65 years of age at the time of taking up their appointments.
A NATO security clearance and approval of the candidate’s medical file by the NATO Medical Advisor are essential conditions for appointment to this post. Applicants are not required to possess a clearance at the time of applying, but they must be eligible for a clearance. HQ JFCNP will take action to obtain the required security clearance from the successful candidates’ national authorities
To apply for this job please visit nato.taleo.net.