- Perform specific calibrations, NDT and specific evaluations for acceptance or rejection of parts.
- Accurate interpretation and understand the inspection checklist and work instruction.
- Prepare and clean parts before and/or after inspection.
- Prioritize, sort, and prepare the parts for NDT inspection, prepare and co-ordinate, load, unload and operate FPI, MPI, ET or UT line effectively.
- Perform Ultrasonic Inspection, Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection, Eddy Current Inspection, Magnetic Particles Inspection in accordance with the inspection operation sheets.
- Optimally identifies technical or schedule problems as they occur and takes appropriate actions to resolve including escalation of more sophisticated issues to a higher level, providing authority advice and technical assistance to support staff and subordinate technicians.
- Compile records to document condition of equipment and assure quality, provides required documentation and reports in accordance with the relevant standards and procedures.
- Documents findings in the relevant systems and co-ordinates swift response with relevant partners in engineering and Back office if required.
- Performs day to day activities as part of a team or as stand-alone function and other duties as assigned.
- Upkeep of NDT testing equipment to ensure its continuous operations in compliance with approved documents, standards, and calibration requirements incl. performance of scheduled maintenance of tooling and equipment.
- Conduct audits in NDT area to ensure continuous system compliance to meet regulatory agencies requirements.
- Supervise, guide, and use subcontractor NDT personnel to achieve project KPI’s in compliance with Siemens Energy guidelines as required.
- Actively support with outage preparation activities with project engineers, project managers, tooling facilities engineers, outage manager and HSE professional.
- Maintain validity of qualification in accordance with ISO9712 and OEM standards.
- Supervise, implement and/or support any other given specialist task during scheduled or unscheduled maintenance of Siemens Energy equipment as per cross-training and multiskilling concept of Field Service in AP and relevant capabilities.
What You Bring
- Bachelor/ Master of Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical and Process), 3 – 5 years’ experience in the relevant field of work is a plus.
- Possess SE component specific NDT qualification and relevant working experience performing NDE on SE large rotating equipment (Gas Turbine, Generator and Steam Turbine) is an advantage.
- Qualification and certification in accordance with ISO 9712 (preferable level 2 MT, PT, and UT)
- Qualification and certification in accordance Level 2 certification in either RT or ET is additional advantage.
- General understanding of technical equipment, wear, tear, and fatigue mechanisms of power generation equipment or in the Oil & Gas Industry and ability to work with/based on technical documentation.
- Good general skills in mechanical maintenance activities of power generation equipment or in the Oil & Gas industry and willingness to continuously work hands-on under time pressure and in difficult conditions.
- Digital literacy, confident user of relevant IT-applications (Microsoft Office), additional IT-competence will be advantageous.
- Understanding of relevant industry standards for Quality and Health, Safety & Environmental protection
- Fluent in English Language (Written & Oral) and other languages are effective.
- Strong analytical skills with an affinity to technology and innovation in the service industry combined with a proactive and convincing demeanour.
- Great teammate with high level of resilience, the ability to work independently under pressure, multitask and focus on problem solving in a sophisticated environment collaborating with international teams.
- Willing and legally able to work and travel independently and extensively to all Siemens Energy work locations and countries in Region Middle East
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 94,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Find out how you can make a difference at Siemens Energy:
Check this video
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.siemens-energy.com.