Stars Orbit Consultants and Management Development
Organization or Agency: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Position Title: Advocacy and Debating Programme Officer (International).
Organizational Unit: Peacebuilding and Stabilization Division
Duty Station: Anbar – Iraq
Type of Contract: Sub-Contract to Stars & Orbit
Grade: Equivalent to P1
Duration of Appointment: Four (4) months
Closing Date: 10th February 2023
Reference Code: CFA2023/IRQ/016
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged, as well as the internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, the internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the general guidance of the Head, Peacebuilding and Stabilization Division, the overall supervision of Programme Coordinator, the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the Programme Officer (Peacebuilding and Stabilization), the successful incumbent will be responsible for implementing advocacy, peacebuilding, and debating training and activities for Stabilization projects in Anbar governorate and other locations as relevant.
S/he will work in close coordination with the field staff and other international officers. S/he will assist the Stabilization Project Officer in planning, developing, and implementing the advocacy, debating and peace-building activities, and applying monitoring strategies that determine the impact of those activities on the communities in Anbar.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. The selected candidate shall submit a training outline for planned project for approval.
2. Design a context-adapted curriculum and approach to enhance the debate and advocacy culture in Anbar governorate.
3. Create a cadre of young influencers with enhanced skills for dialogue, advocacy, and debate.
4. Provide debating and advocacy practices training for Ministry of Youth and Sports and Ministry of Education staff to support the creation of dialogue and debating clubs in community centers, schools, and civil society organizations.
5. Establish 5 debating/dialogue clubs in the Ministry of Youth and Sports/ Ministry of education facilities for young influencers to enhance youth capacity in shaping public policy, influence decision-makers and shape media narratives. The selected candidate shall work on ensuring the sustainability of those clubs in the before-mentioned facilities.
6. Encourage exposure among young debaters by providing sessions on constructive dialogue.
7. Provide comprehensive Debating & Advocacy training of trainers.
8. Conduct regular field monitoring visits and evaluations for the activities, including impact evaluations. Train field staff on monitoring the sustainability of the action. Set up an M&E process and plan.
9. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
• Master’s degree in Post-conflict Studies, International Relations, Political Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• Bachelor’s degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
Experience and Skills:
• Experience with community stabilization, peacebuilding, social cohesion, and/or development interventions in conflict and/or post-conflict settings (required).
• Experience developing and building effective training curriculums and social platforms with youth and other national/international institutions including research institutions and NGOs (required).
• Proven experience in providing training on debate and advocacy.
• Thorough knowledge and proven experience in project cycle management concepts (project development, Logical Framework design, and analysis, monitoring & evaluation, reporting)
• Proven ability to supervise, train, and direct staff and manage operations in international contexts (required).
• Previous working experience in the Middle East region (required).
• Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
• Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
• Shares knowledge and experience.
• Positive, constructive attitude.
• Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
• Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
• Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
• Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
• Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
• Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
IOM IN/234 – Policy and Procedures for Preventing and Responding to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
IOM has a policy of zero tolerance of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) by IOM staff members and the employees or any other persons engaged and controlled by IOM Contractors. The staff members and all contract type holders shall protect against and prevent sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
How to apply:
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From: 13 January 2023 to 10 February 2023
To apply for this job please visit jobs.my-soc.org.