Aviation Ground Support Equipment Mechanic – Iraq
The Aviation Ground Support Equipment Mechanic (AGE Mechanic) will be based at one of the Amentum sites in Iraq and serve the Operations and Maintenance Support Services (OMSS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State.
This person will be responsible for operation and maintenance of aviation ground support equipment.
As An AGE Mechanic You Will
- Analyze malfunctions and repair, rebuild and maintains power equipment, such as forklifts, cargo/pallet loaders, ground power units, meteorological equipment, portable stairs, aircraft tow vehicles, and tow bars.
- Operate and inspect machines or equipment to diagnose defects, dismantle and reassemble equipment, using hoists, power tools and hand tools, examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges, replace defective components and subassemblies.
- Perform the full range of overhaul, repair and service of aviation GSE systems.
- Ensure the quality of work and required tools and materials are to be used.
- Ensure work is complete and conforms to standards and requirements in accordance with technical manuals, and local SOPs.
- Operate and maintain aviation ground support equipment, records, logs and reports as required.
- Analyze malfunctions and perform services on aviation GSE and other equipment as needed.
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, and hydraulics systems after reading and interpreting electrical, control, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics.
- Maintain a safe workplace and ensure safety is the highest priority.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals.
- Provide information and materials as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- Ensure staff attends required trainings and maintain records of departmental trainings.
- Evaluate job hazards and communicate information to management verbally and in writing through various avenues, including email and crew meetings.
- Assist in developing new ideas to improve the quality, and safety of airfield operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Acceptable Experience Level:
- 3 years’ experience in this field.
- Hands-on maintenance technician.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills on mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Advanced ability to diagnose and maintain a broad range of complex mechanical equipment.
- Strong knowledge of electrical and control systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot down to component level on equipment.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of practices and processes involved in supporting airfield operations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
- Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED plus related technical training.
- Licenses and Certifications: Valid drivers’ license from Home of Record.
- Security Vetting: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance issued by the US Government for the duration of your employment on this contract.
- Language Skills: English proficiency. Professional and effective communicator both orally and in writing to management, staff, colleagues and Program Officials.
- Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by Amentum and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for the duration of the deployment.
- Technical degree a plus.
- Experience working with PAE/Amentum.
Working And Living Conditions
This position is located in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment, as well as willing and able to deploy to Iraq for extended periods. Work schedules are a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, while some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time and being capable of running and ‘duck & cover’ during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit pae.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.