Save the Children International
The ACCM Manager will be primary responsible in the development and delivery of Iraq Country Office’s Advocacy, Campaigns, Communication and Media (ACCM) strategy that is aligned to the organization’s mission, global advocacy and campaign initiatives, and the Country Strategic Plan and priorities, whilst ensuring it is high quality, impactful and well resourced, to bring about policy and social change. S/he will also take lead in designing and delivering innovative advocacy, influencing and Media strategies to influence policies, decisions and practices to achieve positive and lasting change for children in Iraq.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Director of Program Development &Quality & Advocacy- PDQA
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Lead the development and implementation of the 2022-24 ACCM strategy, coordinating with relevant stakeholders across Save the Children and key partners.
- Coordinate and lead the development of advocacy plans and messages, in coordination with the Regional Office, relevant global policy and advocacy colleagues, and other country offices in the region as needed.
- Draft and distribute high-quality reports, policy briefings, and letters to government, policymakers, and other stakeholders.
- Lead on the development and implementation of impactful research and advocacy products related to the strategic priorities of the Country Office, for use at the country, regional and international levels.
- Ensure that all advocacy messages, documents, and strategies are evidence-based, drawn from our programme experience, and where possible reflect the input and engagement of children we work with.
- Provide technical leadership and steer to senior management and other departments around priority initiatives and events as required.
- Ensure close integration of advocacy and campaigns approaches and messaging.
- Develop and maintain relations with key advocacy coordination groups across local, national, and international organizations in Iraq, providing input and support to joined up advocacy plans and activities.
- In line with Save the Children International’s policies on Safeguarding, work closely with child safeguarding and protection colleagues to ensure that all children involved in advocacy, campaigns, communications, and media work are protected from any potential harm or repercussions.
- Support the development and implementation of a strategic approach to strengthening meaningful and safe child-led campaigning and participation.
- Develop key campaign messaging and narratives that reflect the needs, experiences, and inputs of the children we work with.
- Identify and document stories and case studies that give voice to children and their needs and/or the impact of our work to support communications, media, advocacy, and fundraising materials.
- Develop and implement a social media plan that supports campaign priorities and communicates the impact of our work, with a focus on children’s voices and experiences.
- Develop compelling content for social media channels and website (quotes, photos, interviews, videos, animations, impact stories) and daily update of the social media Tracker.
- Produce, develop and design content and layout of creative promotional materials such as country reports, fact sheets, multimedia products, case studies and newsletters as required for different audiences.
- Regularly update the Country Office Comms pack.
- Support events such as workshops, conferences, media and press visits and webinars.
- Ensure that the branding and communication guidelines of Save the Children are uniformly and consistently followed across the Country Office.
- Management of internal communications content, including archiving, and uploading daily on content Hub and other platforms.
- Proactively establish and manage relationships with key national media contacts.
- Assess and evaluate media requests, balancing opportunities with risks.
- Deliver media visits, content collection trips, etc., as needed.
- Write press releases and other media materials suitable for national and/or international media, as appropriate.
- Liaise with the Save the Children Global Media Unit on key messages, narratives, and anticipation of risks.
- Ensure the Country Director is adequately briefed and prepared to participate in any media interviews.
- On occasion, act as the media spokesperson for the Country Office.
- Oversee the implementation of the Social Media strategy.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring Save the Children child safeguarding policies and processes are followed in relation to all media activity
Capacity Building, Representation, Partnerships and Networking:
- Identify key opportunities and events for the Iraq Country Office to position itself as a leading organization for children’s issues in the country.
- Ensure capacity building of relevant Country Office staff in meaningful and effective child participation and support field teams to effectively implement ACCM related activities.
- Support Field Office Staff to collect communication material such as testimonials, photos, and videos and draft the respective context reports.
- Represent Iraq Country Office at high-level events and roundtables & key policy/advocacy events.
- Network and build strategic relationships with external actors in policy making, civil society and NGO and INGO community.
- Support in identifying and establishing partnerships with other CSOs that will advocate for and deliver our priorities and ambition for children.
- Take lead in provision of capacity-building on advocacy and influencing to key staff and partners.
- Support Program managers and Technical Leads in engagement with the government and other key stakeholders
- Build and maintain effective, collaborative strategic relationships with the government, UN agencies and other national and international agencies to influence them on child rights programming.
- Perform any other duties as requested by line manager.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning.
- Ensure that ACCM strategy implementation and impact are effectively monitored and evaluated in line with team MEAL processes, so that we continuously improve the way we work for children.
- Feed into Country Office, regional and global MEAL reporting systems and mechanisms.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Degree in relevant field such as Social Science, Human Rights, Governance, Development policies, Communications and Media etc
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS.
- A minimum of five years working experience in advocacy, campaigns, communications, and media engagements demonstrating increasing levels of seniority to Manager level.
- Strong understanding of approaches for communicating information to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to multi task, work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines, responsive to external requests and strong team player.
- Strong understanding of context and Government policy processes.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with excellent command of the English language
- Proven ability to communicate verbally with a wide range of actors and audiences
- Ability to review and edit reports and products (in English) for dissemination and publications
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising engagement and advocacy strategies to engage, inform and motivate current and potential partners
- Previous experience of working on child rights issues in a humanitarian and/or development context.
- Excellent writing skills for the preparation of newsletters, brochures, documents, reports and correspondence
- Strong understanding of and experience in different advocacy methods and tactics.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in a matrix management environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Arabic language skills
- Experience working in the Iraq or Middle East context.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.