Communicate and coordinate requests received from Flight Crew with various internal departments as well as outside vendors in support of the U.S. Department of State (DoS), Bureau for Diplomatic Security (DS), under
oversight from the Bureau for International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs Office of Aviation (INL/A).
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensure flight crew briefs comply with the programs agreement/contract and applicable regulations.
- Verify flight crew is in position for briefed flight activities.
- Brief both Fixed-Wing and Rotary Wing Crews on all aspects of each trip including owner/customer requests and special needs.
- Arrange and update to crew operational issues, such as early and late operations at/with fixed base operators or/and other applicable personnel.
- Flight follow assigned program aircraft and update arrival and departure times.
- Actively maintain case management documentation concerning issues impacting owner/customer flights. Manages crew communication center and provides timely responses to Fixed-Wing and Rotary Wing Crews.
- Receive inbound communications from flight crew and adheres to departmental policies and standards concerning phone call statistics.
- Facilitate and communicate Fixed-Wing and Rotary Wing Crew transportation and other accommodation elements. Initiates and conducts training within his/her respective area of responsibility as required by meeting all contract objectives.
- Plan and coordinate flight routes in support of DOS air movement, and plan all customer air movement for the daily manifest.
- Responsible for coordinating incoming aircraft schedules and organizing cargo onto aircraft as required.
- Position requires a U.S. Department of State Secret Clearance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A.A./A.S or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations, Airman Certificate, military service, and/or internship with an airline or flight department is desired.
Skills & Experience Required
Minimum five (5) years of experience in an Air Operations Center, Direct Air Support Center, Base Operations, Command Post or commercial customer service experience in airline booking, scheduling or operational position required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Focus on Results – Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
- Communications – Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
- Teamwork – Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
- Strategic Planning & Decision-Making – Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
- Initiative & Innovation – Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
- Interpersonal Relationships – Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
- Quality & Safety – Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
- Continuous Improvement – Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
- Training & Development – Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
- Integrity – Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
Job : WASS OPERATIONS
Primary Location : Iraq
Schedule : Full-time
Overtime Status : Exempt
AAR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit aarcorp.taleo.net.