Air Cargo Specialist – Iraq
Amentum is seeking an Air Cargo Specialist for our CURRENT contract, BLISS at the Baghdad Diplomatic Support Center (BDSC) in Baghdad, Iraq, and serve the Life Support Services contract in support of the State Department.
The Air Cargo Specialist Will
- Maintain a safe workplace and ensure that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Safety & Healthy and Quality Assurance requirements and goals.
- Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- Determine aircraft cargo configuration and loading requirements using the Allowable Cabin Load, passenger limits, and aircraft load specifications in accordance with applicable guidance.
- Plan, select, sequence, and manifest cargo and / or mail on airlift missions while maximizing aircraft utilization and safety of flight.
- Ensure hazardous materials are properly prepared and documented before entering into the military airlift system.
- Determine and implement necessary safety and security precautions for handling and storing hazardous materials, special cargo, mail, and baggage for air transport.
- Inspect air cargo to verify airworthiness, validate the pre-load plan weights and dimensions and ensure In-Transit Visibility in accordance with applicable guidance.
- Select, assemble, palletize, and transport cargo loads to and from aircraft and storage areas.
- Build and breakdown pallets, prepare rolling stock for shipment, and weigh cargo.
- Load and unload military and commercial aircraft.
- Operate material handling equipment such as K-Loaders, all-terrain forklifts, and hand equipment.
- Perform day-to-day activities of assigned department functional areas, following production standards.
- Assist in the coordination of logistical support to perform functions of the job; adhering to policies, and procedures necessary to provide support in all areas of airfield operations.
- Assist the Air Cargo Supervisor in accomplishing short- and long-term departmental goals.
- Follow airfield safety procedures, fostering a safe environment for personnel and aircraft operation.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Prior to being hired you must be able to obtain a favorable MRPT, Active U.S. Government DOD or DOS issued Secret Security Clearance and maintain it for the duration of employment on this contract.
- U.S. military experience and overseas CENTCOM AOR experience required.
- Experience with ICODES (Integrated Computerized Deployment System) and GDSS (G2) AF Form 4080.
- Requires the ability to successfully pass medical requirements and drug screening and maintain requirements for duration of deployment.
- Must be able to obtain a Country visa (as required in line with the U.S. Department of State Foreign Clearance Guide).
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have Load Planning certification
- Must have “HAZMAT Inspector” certification
- Preferred: Joint Inspection Certification.
- Must possess hazmat certifications for air cargo in accordance with AFMAN 24-604 or Title 49 CFR Part 12 Subpart H Training, International Air Transport Association (IATA), Dangerous goods Regulations or ICAO, Technical Instructions training may also be used.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
- Must be qualified and licensed to operate GFE Material Handling Equipment (MHE) on an airfield such as 10K forklifts and Halvorson 25K Loaders.
- Must be able to obtain and hold an airfield access badge
- As part of pre-contingency requirements, by the time the visa process starts, candidates must possess a valid passport of home country with a minimum of 18 months remaining to expiration date with 8 blank pages.
Other Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Must have significant experience with air cargo operations and strong knowledge of the technical phases of the job.
- Must be proficient in preparation of the required documents and marking/placarding of air cargo.
- Requires at least 4 years of experience using GATES (Global Air Transportation Execution System).
- Requires experience in ATOC (Air Terminal Operations Center) functions and capabilities
- Must have load planning experience.
- Must have experience providing excellent customer service in supporting contract responsibilities in an OCONUS environment.
- Relevant overseas experience, ideally in the Middle East, with knowledge of local culture and customs is preferred.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules and under pressure of deadlines while maintaining performance standards.
- Requires strong analytical capabilities with respect to metrics and process improvement.
- Must have knowledge of all principles and processes involved in Airfield Operations.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and administrative details in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Requires advanced computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS
This position may be located in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120-130 degrees Fahrenheit / 50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time.
Amentum will never charge a recruiting fee.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit pae.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.