Vehicle Mechanic, Heavy Equipment, Lead
Vehicle Mechanic, Heavy Equipment, Lead (AN)
The Vehicle Mechanic, Heavy Equipment, Lead will be based at one of three Amentum sites in Iraq and serve the Operations and Maintenance Support Services (OMSS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State. This position will be responsible for performing heavy vehicle/equipment maintenance and repairs and will report to the Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- Perform responsible preventative maintenance and mechanical repair work related to the maintenance and repair of specialized fire vehicles, heavy vehicles, and equipment.
- Determine preventative maintenance needs and provide necessary maintenance/repairs for all heavy vehicles and equipment.
- Determine stock needs and order/maintain replacement parts and supplies.
- Diagnose and repair engines, transmissions, brake systems, hydraulic systems, water pumps, and accessories.
- Supervise and schedule daily work assignments for foreign national (FN) and local national (LN) subordinates.
- Be responsible for tracking and completion of work orders (WO) produced by the Fleet mate database.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of site vehicle maintenance requirements for a fleet of vehicles (passenger vehicles, large and small trucks, materials-handling and heavy equipment, recovery vehicles, and special purpose vehicles).
- Perform heavy vehicle systems and component failure analyses.
- Provide input to staff regarding budget, equipment utilization, equipment replacement, and equipment needs.
- Develop specifications for new heavy vehicles and equipment.
- Provide direction to the Mechanic Apprentice, temporary assistants, and/or interns in shop-related duties.
- Attend regular training to maintain basic and advanced skills and certifications.
- Assist the Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor in identifying appropriate training opportunities for Heavy Vehicle Mechanics and the Apprentice Mechanic with a goal of providing succession training.
- Perform related duties similar to the above in scope and function as required.
- Participate in equipment inventories.
- Maintain service logs and records of maintenance on vehicles and motorized equipment.
- Keep tools, equipment, and work area clean, organized, and in good working condition.
- Assist in training lower-level workers in automotive mechanic techniques as needed.
- Road tests vehicles.
- Complete records maintains tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up activities.
- Observe and follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum Acceptable Experience Level: Ten (10) years’ experience in mechanical field.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of automotive repairs and maintenance.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to lift heavy parts and equipment.
- Methods and tools used in repair and maintenance of heavy vehicles/equipment, including diesel engines, fire pumps, hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic systems.
- Basic ability and understanding of record keeping and work order system procedures.
- Working knowledge of diagnostic software as it relates to general automotive fleet and heavy vehicle equipment.
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Windows Office Suite applications and computerized fleet work order systems.
- Knowledge of safety precautions related to maintenance of heavy equipment
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
- Ability to operate and drive a variety of heavy vehicles and equipment.
- Understand, diagnose, and repair/troubleshoot modern electrical systems, including computerized engine, transmission and brake systems.
- Use mechanic tools and diagnostic equipment with skill and safety.
- Plan, organize, assign, and coordinate the work of assigned staff.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance or required duties.
- Ability to read Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Technical Manuals in English.
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in supporting automotive functions at an overseas facility.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
- Ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
- Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED.
- Licenses and Certifications: Valid drivers’ and truck driver’s licenses from Home of Record.
- Security Vetting: Already possess a US Government issued security clearance or Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) or be able to obtain a favorable MRPT certification or US Government clearance prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification or clearance level for the duration of the contract.
- Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
- Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by Amentum and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
- Relevant overseas automotive mechanical experience.
- Hands-on experience working with equipment manufacturers such as OSHKOSH, Sutphin, Grove, Terex, and Caterpillar.
- Previous out of home country experience is highly desirable and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions a plus.
- Experience working with Amentum.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit pae.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.