Air Cargo Specialist – MHE Operator
The Air Cargo Specialist MHE Operator will be based at the Baghdad Diplomatic Support Center (BDSC) in Iraq and serve the Baghdad Life Support Services (BLISS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State. The Air Cargo MHE Operator will be responsible for utilizing resources to accomplish operational requirements and will report to the Air Cargo MHE Supervisor. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Safety & Healthy and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- Use the load plan/load pull sheet to pull pallets and / or loose shipments from the storage areas and assemble the load.
- Selects, assembles, palletizes, and transports cargo loads to and from aircraft and storage areas.
- Secures cargo with appropriate restraint equipment.
- Checks cargo against manifests and annotates shipment overages, shortages, or damages.
- Prepare rolling stock for shipment and weigh cargo.
- Prepare aircraft cargo compartment for loading.
- Load and unload military and commercial fixed and rotary wing aircraft.
- Operate material handling equipment such as K-Loaders, all-terrain forklifts, and hand equipment.
- Perform spotter and chocker duties for fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft.
- Conduct engine running offload and on-load (ERO) operations.
- Performs day-to-day activities of assigned department functional areas, following production standards.
- Assists in the coordination of logistical support to perform functions of the job; adhering to policies, and procedures necessary to provide support in all areas of airfield operations.
- Perform duties in other Aerial Port sections as required.
- Follows airfield safety procedures, fostering a safe environment for personnel and aircraft operation.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum Acceptable Experience Level:
- At least four (4) years of experience in Aircraft Ramp Operations.
- Overseas CENTCOM AOR experience required.
- Must be able to lift and carry weights up to 65 pounds.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED.
- Passport, Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid drivers’ license from Home of Record and licensing on required Materials Handling Equipment (MHE) such as 6K forklifts, 10K AT forklifts, and K Loaders.
- Must be able to obtain and hold an airfield access badge and licenses for MHE Equipment.
- As part of pre-contingency requirements, by the time the visa process starts, candidates must possess a valid passport of home country with a minimum of 18 months remaining to expiration date with 8 blank pages.
- Security Vetting:
- Must be able to obtain a favorable MRPT, active DOD or DOS Secret security clearance prior to being hired.
- Must maintain eligibility for the duration of the contract.
- Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
- Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
- Prior HAZMAT Inspector certification or Load Planning experience desired.
- Experience working with Amentum.
- Department of State experience.
- Previous out of home country experience and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions are a plus.
Other Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in supporting contract responsibilities at an overseas facility.
- Experience providing excellent customer services.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
- Ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
- Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit pae.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.