- Coordinate and supervise the control of aircraft operating in assigned airspace areas and air and surface vehicular traffic operating on runways, taxiways and other designated movement areas on the airfield.
- Conduct shift crew relief briefings on applicable Notice to Airman (NOTAMs), weather conditions/forecast, equipment status, field conditions and special operations prior to assuming any control position.
- Assign personnel to operating positions according to an individual’s qualifications and training requirements.
- Notify responsible Search and Rescue (SAR) and crash/rescue agencies of aircraft distress and other emergencies.
- Evaluate equipment for operational readiness, recording equipment outages and actions taken to correct any discrepancies.
- Document all ATC equipment abnormalities.
- Continuously monitor and report NAVAID status.
- Supervise proper coordination with C2 agencies.
- Facilitate daily CRM operations. Accomplish operational equipment checks at every shift change.
- Provide trainee position qualification recommendations. (Operate Mardam-Bey Internet Relay Chat (mIRC) or other communication equipment as directed.
- Graduate of an approved DoD or FAA ATC course.
- Five (5) years of ATC experience minimum, One (1) year of experience must be from performing in a like type facility.
- Knowledge of ATC rules, regulations, and techniques; control tower and approach control operations.
- Shall hold one of the following radar certifications (ATCS certificate, FAA Credential, FAA or DoD training records) and FAA Control Tower Operator (CTO) certificate or FAA Credential with Tower rating if staffed in a Control Tower.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a US Secret Security Clearance. (Note: US citizenship is required to obtain/maintain a Secret Clearance).
- Ability to obtain and maintain FAA Class II Medical Certificate
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit www.amentumcareers.com.