Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
PSS Specialist – Kirkuk, Anbar, Salahaddin & Ninewa
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision – Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of PSS Specialist – Kirkuk, Anbar, Salahaddin & Ninewa
Purpose Of Position
To provide leadership, and monitoring of Mental Health Staff in WV projects. Ensuring that there is proper management. Maintains accurate patient records and provides input to weekly and monthly reports. Participate in the smooth functioning of facility and outreach teams.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and technical guidance for WV’s MPHSS staff.
- Provide training (specially PM+) and other capacity building activities so as to ensure that WV MPHSS programing meet the required technical expectations/is in line with relevant programing guidance and therapeutic protocols.
- Conduct monitoring of MPHSS staff, including sampling cases and checking if the cases were managed as per relevant therapeutic protocols so as to assure quality management of mental health and related conditions.
- Establish and maintain a reporting system for MPHSS, ensuring that reporting in timely and technically accurate.
- Give technical input during project design, M&E assessment, (including research etc) so that the project meets technical expectations.
- Analysis and assessment of progress. Make sure that the objective of improved psychological wellbeing is achieved, provide solution to the difficulties during the project implementation such as COVID-19 related restictions.
- Represent WV at different MPHSS Coordination forums such as the MPHSS, CP, GBV working groups and clusters.
Knowledge/Qualifications For The Role
- Experience in MHPSS.
- Previous experience of NGO work.
- Experience working with IDPs, returnees and conflict affected persons.
- Project Management.
- Clinical Psychologist, Educational Psychologists, Psychiatrist or any health/Social science training with experience in MPHSS health.
- Certified ToT trainer on Problem Management Plus (PM+) for groups.
- Native Fluency in English, Arabic.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate flexibility, motivation, and maturity.
- Willingness to work in basic conditions and travel if needed.
- Good knowledge of quality standards and quality controls related to medical practice.
- Knowledge of IASC MPHSS guidelines, mhGAP, PM+ and other MPHSS models.
Travel And/or Work Environment Requirement
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 80% of the time.
- Physical Requirements: 60%
Fluency in English and Arabic languages
Applicant Types Accepted
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.