- Supervise a small team of Transient Alert and Sweeper Operator personnel.
- Responsible for establishing procedures for Transient Alert handling and Aircraft Marshalling of rotary and fixed wing aircraft.
- Ensure aircraft taxi routes are clear of other vehicles and pedestrian traffic.
- Provide “Follow Me” services from the arrival taxiway for fixed and rotary wing aircraft. Guides incoming aircraft to designated parking area using standard hand and / or flashing light signals.
- Collaborate with the Air Operations staff on the aircraft parking plan and ensure that aircraft are parked based on the daily flying schedule and PPR requirements.
- Safely operate standard and specialized vehicles and equipment required to perform standard Transient Alert Services on a wide variety of U.S., Coalition, and Civilian fleet aircraft.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a comprehensive and properly documented TA training program.
- Ensure that a Sweeper training program is established, maintained, and properly documented.
- Ensure transient aircraft parking ramp areas, and vehicle and equipment areas are free of Foreign Objects (FO).
- Secure aircraft in parking position by using appropriate wheel chocks. Positions and operates all Ground Support Equipment (GSE) regarding aircraft including ground power units both AC and DC, and Air Start carts.
- Service aircraft in accordance with applicable instructions to include nitrogen or other consumable materials as required.
- Operates two-way radio communication with international Air Traffic Control Tower.
- Provide support for In-Flight and transient ground emergencies and if possible, remove disabled aircraft from the runway or taxiway using towing equipment.
- Inspects and operates ground support equipment such as electrical power supplies, engine starting units, and aircraft towing vehicles and equipment.
- Coordinate, document, and track maintenance status of TA and Sweeper vehicles and equipment.
- Provide oversight of the daily Sweeper operations plan.
- Develop and maintain personnel duty schedules for TA and Sweeper Operators.
- Communicate with Air Traffic Control and disseminate information to the Aerial Port agencies as required.
- Collect aircraft movement data and maintain traffic count logs.
- Establish procedures and checklists for daily and operational inspections of Transient Alert and Sweeper equipment.
- Responsible for the development and utilization of a daily inspection checklist for periodic FOD inspections.
- Ensure that ICAO marshalling signals are used.
- Responsible for the safe and effective movement of aircraft on the parking apron
- Supervise the startup procedures for aircraft departure.
- Ensure that the tow and marshalling crew comply with ICAO and IATA requirements regarding personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Conduct pre towing and marshalling briefs or any pertinent information that could affect the operation.
- Ensure that operations are immediately stopped when unsafe situations develop.
- Ensure safe operations of equipment around the aircraft.
- Conduct self-assessments of the TA and Sweeper operations IAW the Amentum Quality Control Plan.
- Perform facility management duties and work with the base support services for the upkeep of the Transient Alert/Sweeper office/breakroom facility and outdoor surrounding area.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- Citizenship: US Citizenship is required
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- A minimum of six (6) years’ supervisory experience in Ground/Airport Handling type operations
- Familiar with ICAO Annex 2, Rules of the Air, Marshalling Signals
- Experience in Aircraft towing operations.
- Experience in proper use of Air Start and Air Conditioning units.
- Knowledge of airfield safety procedures related to aircraft and vehicular movement, radio procedures, hand signals used to direct aircraft, capacity of taxiway surfaces, turning radius and wingspan of various common aircraft, and rules governing space between aircraft.
- Must possess a valid state issued driver’s license and be able to pass color blindness test to obtain Flight Line Driver’s License.
- Familiar in the use of Tower or Ground Control two-way radio communications.
- Ability to lead effective meetings and team assignments.
- Ability to correctly interpret and apply all policies and procedures.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationship with employees, contractors, and the military.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple priorities and responsibilities.
- Strong analytical skills; must be able to perform routine mathematical and alphabetizing functions.
- Knowledge of PC and other office equipment with Windows experience.
- Must be efficient, reliable, and adaptable to change while maintaining high productivity levels.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software.
- Security Vetting: Must possess an active DOD or DOS Secret security clearance and maintain eligibility for the duration of the contract.
- Medical: Favorable passage of a drug screen and physical examination.
- Language Skills: Expert professional, oral and written English communication skills, to present, facilitate and disseminate information; Arabic skills a plus.
- Work Ethic: Commitment to maintaining a high performance team which delivers customer service excellence.
- Department of State experience.
- Two to three (2-3) years of international experience in challenging locations, preferably working in the Middle East, with a working knowledge of customs and cultural differences.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to perform as an Aircraft Marshaller with a working knowledge of technical areas.
- Ability to collect, analyze and summarize data and to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Experience in effectively dealing with international and headquarters staff, and sensitivity to other cultures.
- Exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and administrative details in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Labor Law Posters
EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
To apply for this job please visit www.amentumcareers.com.