Job Description Wood is looking for an Operator to join our team in Basra, Iraq
- Ensure that the O&M strategies are aligned with the company goals.
- Collaborates with SU to ensure effective alignment between contractor/Commissioning and Start up
- Manage O&M interfaces between all groups.
- Responsible for reporting progress to PMT.
- Carry out all startup duties associated with the safe, efficient, and environmentally sound SU and operation of utilities, process systems & machinery in accordance with the approved procedures.
- Respond to emergency conditions, preparation of equipment for maintenance, housekeeping and proactive monitoring of the area and its equipment.
- Monitor all plant operations on screens and computers, monitor closely to identify any abnormal operating and equipment conditions.
- Adhere to plant operational procedures for production goal achievement and handle work safely.
- Oversee productions and process key metrics for operating plant machinery within parameters.
- Maintain Call Logs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Operate the plant in a safe and efficient manner, following all plant procedures, health and safety policies and current operating practices.
- Control the operation of processing units using a distributive control system (DCS).
- Responsible for the safety control systems, such as ESD, DSD and fire control systems.
- Perform initial valve line up in accordance with Start Up Work Packs
- Perform checks to ensure utilities systems are commissioned and available for use.
- Monitor all equipment in assigned area and perform basic care checks and report any equipment that requires maintenance attention.
- Prepare equipment for maintenance and re-commission when complete. Complete isolations in accordance with Work Management Manual requirements.
- Carry out shift handover in a detailed and comprehensive manner.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping within the operating area to ensure safe working conditions.
- Participate in daily Toolbox Talks with Start Up Team.
- Assists the effort to capture startup lessons learned.
- Work directly with the foreign experts to ensure the transfer of technical advice during the initial period of operation.
- Interface with DCS System Engineer and I & C Technicians.
- Apply procedures to planned startup and shutdown and unplanned shutdown.
- Detailed unit-specific startup, shutdown and emergency response.
- Communicate with other work groups and personnel during the operation and monitoring of the DCS console.
- Engineering Degree/ Technical Diploma/ 2+ years of Experience,
- Literate in the use of standard computer software programs. Word, Excel, etc
- English Communication skills / Team player/ Time-Management / Adaptability / Willingness to learn.
- Understanding of Oil & Gas Process Operations, HSE practices and application in the field.
To apply for this job please visit New%20URL.