Opening its doors in January 2021, the new American University of Iraq—Baghdad (AUIB) began as a dream of influential individuals in Iraq and the United States in business, industry and government who wanted to see a world-class institution of higher learning established in the city, reminiscent of the days when Baghdad was an educational mecca and the flourishing capital of the Muslim world. With a great library, palatial college buildings and student centers, state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and athletic facilities, AUIB will be a beautiful campus, attracting students, faculty, and staff from throughout the world.
This position will report directly to the Human Resources Director.
The Assistant/Associate Director of Human Resources has a key leadership role at the American University of Iraq in Baghdad. This position is responsible for overseeing various aspects of the HR department, ensuring effective collaboration among the team, and aligning HR strategies with the university’s mission and goals.
Team Leadership and Management:
- Provide support and direction to the HR team as it relates to the Talent Acquisition Manager, HR Analyst, Onboarding Specialist and other staff in the absence of the Human Resources Director.
- Facilitate team meetings and ensure effective communication within the department.
Strategic HR Planning
- Assist the Human Resources Director in developing and implementing HR strategies that support the overall objectives of the university.
- Evaluate and improve HR processes and policies to enhance efficiency and compliance.
- Complete a job analysis for future staffing needs, ensuring appropriate succession planning and career growth for employees.
- Talent Acquisition and Management:
- Oversee the recruitment process that the Talent Acquisition Manager and Coordinator are in charge of, making sure to attract and keep top talent.
- Implement workforce planning and succession planning strategies.
- Lead the development and execution of performance management systems.
- Ensure regular performance reviews are conducted, and provide training and support to managers and staff in the process.
Training And Development
- Coordinate with HR team members to identify training needs and develop training programs.
- Promote a culture of continuous learning and professional development.
- Compliance and Risk Management:
- Work closely with the HR Compliance Coordinator to ensure adherence to local and international employment laws and regulations.
- Oversee risk management in HR practices.
- Serve as a point of contact for employee relations issues.
- Develop and maintain a positive work environment that promotes employee engagement and retention.
HR Analytics And Reporting
- To use HR data for strategic decision-making, work together with the HR Analyst.
- Prepare reports and presentations for senior management.
Payroll And Benefits Administration
- Oversee payroll and benefits processes, ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Coordinate with the HR and Payroll Assistant to address any employee queries regarding payroll and benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field. Master’s preferred with earned internationally recognized human resources certifications such as SHRM-SCP, SPHR or SHRM-CP, PHR.
- At least 5 years of experience in HR with a minimum of 3 years in a management role.
- Knowledge of HR best practices, Iraq employment laws, and regulations.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in HRIS systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be fluent in Arabic and English
To apply for this job please visit New%20URL.