Under the supervision of LHH Project Manager, the Business Consultant is responsible for the technical planning, implementation, supervision, monitoring and reporting of the field activities such as seed funds, job fair, coordination with private sector and for ensuring proper coordination with the programmatic partner, beneficiaries and related COOPI departments. The position requires extensive field work and possible trips to Erbil.
Objective 1: To ensure timely and quality implementation of project activities
- To actively engage in the beneficiary selection process under the guidance of the PM;
- To provide support to the LHH Program Manager for the design of project activities;
- To support and supervise training on business management and financial literacy, disbursement of seed fund activities.
- To conduct household visits, focus group discussions and key informant interviews upon the request of LHH PM;
- To provide verbal and written reports on the activities to the LHH PM as deducted in Work Plan;
- Ensure the timely implementation of field activities as per the predefined schedule;
- Inform and document the anomalies and the challenges carried out during the implementation phase of the program;
- To participate in the briefing and induction sessions given to stakeholders and field team.
Objective 2: Stakeholders coordination
- Coordination in the field with the local partners on best implementation including participants, and communities affected by the project activities;
- Support in building relationships between COOPI, project partner, local authorities, municipalities and communities.
Objective 3: Data collection and reporting
- File, document and report work progress to the line manager on weekly basis;
- Regular collecting and consolidating the reports of the micro-business assistants;
- Regular reporting of work progress to the LHH PM;
- Report possible problems or conflicts during the activities;
- Report the use of materials and possible improvement.
Objective 4: Support all COOPI activities
- Support COOPI interventions, as per the employee’s competences;
- Support any activity that helps achieving COOPI humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s capacities;
- Participate in new assessments;
- Support other activities if it is needed;
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and may be changed or amended by the LHH Project Manager when necessary, according to the base needs.
Supervised by: LHH Project Manager
- University degree on economic development topic/Social Studies/Environmental Studies/Education or related qualifications;
- Experience in LHH in Emergency of at least 2 years
- Previous experience in seed funding monitoring
Skills & Qualifications:
- Office and correspondences
- Knowledge in the following fields
- Economic development /business management
- Humanitarian principles
- Sphere standards
- Knowledge in technical training in implementation of TVET and micro-business support
- Coaching Skills
- Effective communication skills
- Native Kurdish speaker
- Good level of English language, both written and spoken
- Ability to multitask
- Positive attitude at all times
- Reporting capacity organized and rigorous, hard worker availability/learning capacity
- Ability to work in a team
- Interpersonal qualities and diplomacy
- Flexible with respect to job priority
- Agrees with the principles and objectives of COOPI
How To Apply
Send CV and Cover Letter to the email address [email protected] by Tuesday, Feb 21th COB, with ” Business Consultant ” as subject of the email.
Failure to meet the deadline and/or requirements in the email (subject, attachments, etc…) will result in the application being discarded.
Due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.