GardaWorld Federal Services
- Perform daily maintenance training (i.e., performance and explosives detection) and maintain training records for assigned detection dogs.
- Maintain the day-to-day health and welfare of assigned detection dogs.
- Maintain all assigned canine-related equipment
- Perform basic canine emergency first-aid as needed.
All candidates must:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
- Be able to pass the medical and physical requirements outlined in the contract.
- Meet all standards as required by the contract.
- Have a clean driving record with a valid driver’s license.
- Obtain and hold a Secret Security Clearance (current, active clearance preferred).
- Must possess a NAPWDA certification or equivalent national/state/provincial military or law enforcement certification as a working dog handler.
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a military or law enforcement dog handler that has occurred, in part, within the last (7) seven years.
- Must possess a minimum of one (1) additional year of security-related experience. Experience may be gained in the employ of any national, state, provincial, local, or commercial entities providing armed guard services that require skills similar to those of a security guard.
All candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical and physical examination, drug screen, and psychological examination. Additionally, all candidates will be required to complete a paid pre-deployment training course.
Work Environment and Location:
The position is located in Baghdad, Iraq. Furnished housing will be provided. Travel to and from the Work Location will be provided.
Employees may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
The physical demands listed below, though not fully inclusive, are that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. The employee is frequently required to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
GardaWorld and its family of companies is an EOE // Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification program.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.