COOPI is a humanitarian organization which was founded in Milan in 1965. For 55 years, it has been engaged, with long-term support and a constant presence in the field, in breaking the cycle of poverty and assisting populations hit by war, socio-economic crises or natural calamities through activities which favour development or which respond to specific emergencies. Today COOPI is present in 33 countries, implementing more than 250 projects.
COOPI in Iraq
In Iraq, COOPI is intervening since the end of 2016 with the implementation of projects in the sectors of Education in Emergency, Child Protection, livelihood and WASH.
Scope of the consultancy
Build the capacity of the consortium staff on safety and security, risk assessment and risk management and program and project development and reporting.
Using COOPI policies and materials organize a 3 days training on the following topics:
Day 1: safety and security
Day 2: risk assessment and risk management
Day 3: program and project development and reporting
Selected consultant should:
- Design: Conceptual design of the training for up to 15 participants. This includes the preparation of a schedule of the training including contents, methods and targets of the 3 days training. The schedule should contain interactive expert inputs, exchange between participants and practical exercises/working on case studies. Methodological variety is desired.
- Moderation: Moderation of the training.
- Documentation: Writing of a short documentation (max. 5 pages) that summarizes the contents and discussions of the seminar (to be sent to participants after the seminar) or provision of tools (e.g. checklist, manual) for participants.
- Pre and post test for all participants
- Training report to be delivered to COOPI, within 5 days after completion of the training (In English)
15 working days included 3 days of training
Start date March 2023
- Increased knowledge and skills set in national/international staff
- Report about the training and gained outcomes.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in relief/ development
- Training and group facilitation experience in the Middle East
- Previous experience in capacity building training
- Previous experience in program development
- Appropriate and relevant experience with international NGOs
- Good communicator
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Training and coaching skills
- Report writing
- Proven evaluation skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to deliver training and materials in Arabic and/or Kurdish, with English reference materials.
- Experience with training NGOs in Iraq
- Experience in recovery/ post-conflict areas
How To Apply
Submit the following to: [email protected]
- Maximum one-page cover letter
- Past training report
- Maximum two-page proposed methodology
- Maximum one-page propose
Please indicate “Capacity Building Trainer” in the e-mail subject ..
Only PDF and Word Format Applications will be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted