The LCC-A Carpenter will be based at one of two Amentum sites in Iraq and serve the Light Construction Crew under the Operations and Maintenance Support Services (OMSS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State. This position will be responsible for rough and finished carpentry work. The Carpenter may work from blueprints, specifications, drawings, or verbal instructions. The Carpenter should be able to design, build, remodel, maintain, or repair various types of structures and will report to the LCC Project Manager. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Planning and laying out of work from blueprints, drawings, models, or verbal instructions, using a variety of carpenter’s hand tools, portable power tools and standard measuring instruments. Making standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work.
- Selecting materials necessary for the work.
- Prepare and submit detailed reports on carpentry projects for the LCC Project Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- Provide information to these ESH and QA divisions as necessary.
- Construct, remodel, retrofit, and/ or repair structures made of various materials, some of which may be wood, drywall, plaster, concrete, or brick.
- Construct, and retrofit cabinets, tables, shelves, benches, partitions, flooring, doors, windows, and other types of furniture. May install and repair modular furniture.
- May provide oversight of subcontractors, to ensure adherence to the State and Federal Code Requirements.
- Should be able to provide assessments for: cost, time, and materials for carpentry projects.
- Will have to perform routine reports of the daily Service Orders and tasks.
- Complete records, maintain tools and equipment, and perform various clean-up activities.
- May train or direct the work of other staff in the area.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum Acceptable Experience Level: A high school diploma (or GED). A vocational diploma in carpentry or completion of an Apprentice program with a Journeyman Carpenter or equivalent combination of verifiable education and experience.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, which may require handling multiple tasks, at a given time.
- Rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of the principles and processes involved in the carpentry functions, at an overseas facility.
- Experience providing excellent customer services.
- Cross-cultural awareness, with an emphasis on international social behaviors.
- Basic Computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
- Ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
- Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
- Education: A high school diploma (or GED). A vocational diploma in carpentry or completion of an Apprentice program with a Journeyman Carpenter or equivalent combination of verifiable education and experience.
- Passport, Licenses and Certifications: As part of pre-contingency requirements, by the time the visa process starts, candidates must possess a valid passport with a minimum of 18 months remaining to expiration date with 8 blank pages. Valid drivers’ license
- Security Vetting: Must possess an active US Government issued Secret security clearance or be eligible to obtain one. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification or clearance level for the duration of the contract.
- Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
- Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by Amentum and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
- Previous related overseas experience is highly desirable.
- Previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions is a plus.
- Previous experience working with Amentum preferred
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit pae.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.