Terms of Reference
Consultancy Title: Community Mobilizer
Type of contract: Service contract – on call
Duty Station: Mosul, Ninawa/ Iraq
Brief description of the organization
Al Mesalla for Human Resources Development is a non-governmental organization established in 2004 and registered in Baghdad and Erbil with headquarters located in Erbil. The organization is working at disseminating a culture of human rights and peacebuilding in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region. The organization is currently working along 3 programs: A non-violence and peace-building program developing peace capacities within the community; women and Gender program empowering women to take an active role in the community and a Human Rights Program which focuses especially on enhancing freedom of expression. Since June 2014, Al Mesalla developed services for the growing refugee and displaced community settling in the Kurdish Region of Iraq by participating in distributing emergency support and establishing empowerment and livelihood programs for displaced women in particular.
Brief description of the partner
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is part of the United Nations System as the leading inter-governmental organization promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all, with 174 member states and a presence in over 100 countries. As the leading inter-governmental organization IOM plays a key role to support the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through different areas of intervention that connect both humanitarian assistance and sustainable development.
Background of the project
Al-Mesalla in partnership with IOM implements the peace education path Project, Al-Mesalla in partnership with several partners developed “Peace Programs in Schools, Arabic” which promotes the value of peace among the students by doing capacity building for teaching staff. Then these teachers provide an interactive environment to teach students the peace curriculum and encourage them to acquire the values of peace, coexistence, and brotherhood. The Project will target schools in the Mosul district center, Mahalabia sub-district. The project will work in high-level cooperation with the education department of the Nineveh governorate which will participate in selecting the schools after conducting a field study, of the neediest groups, The “Iraqi Strategy for the Prevention of Violent Extremism Leading to Terrorism” identified a number of government agencies as the main bodies to work on issues of preventing violent extremism, in which the education authorities in the country are included. Therefore, the project we are working on contributes to engaging the education system in the work of preventing violent extremism.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Project manager, the Community mobilizer will:
- Mobilize communities (leaders, parents, etc.) and disseminate information about the project to promote community support.
- Work with affected communities and establish close relationships with them to better respond to their needs.
- Support contextualization of tools for beneficiary identification and selection for protection activities.
- Coordinate with the community stakeholders to sure that the needs are covered in timely and in line with project activities
- Conduct focus group discussion with community members to ensure strong community engagement.
- Ensure that relevant target groups are identified and sensitized of the project activities.
- Submit weekly, monthly, annual activity reports to project coordinator.
- Perform any other task assigned by line manager.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum diploma Certificate is required.
- A degree in relevant field is an added advantage.
- Relevant Experience in community mobilization and Community engagement is required.
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work in difficult and high-risk situations.
- Ability to cope and work under pressure.
- Well-organized, self-motivated and ability to work in a team.
- Familiar with Humanitarian Principles and standards
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, listening and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate willingness to learn and work with others as a team.
- Report writing skills and computer knowledge.
- Good communication in English and local languages.
How To Apply
Al-Mesalla implements an equal employment opportunity policy
and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview
candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any
stage of the recruitment process.
Al-Mesalla is an Equal Opportunity Employer Al-Mesalla considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
NOTE:- Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after the closing date will not be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Due to the urgency, Al -Mesala reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline
How TO APPLY
This vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, but if there are any qualified Internal candidates, priority shall be given to them
Please submit your CV as a PDF or WORD to ([email protected]), other formats rather than PDF or WORD will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application.
subject : Community Mobilizer