IRC224738 – CONSTRUCTION & COMMISSIONING MANAGER
At Eni, we are looking for a Construction and commissioning Manager within Eni Iraq in Zubair Field Basra, Iraq. You will be responsible for managing a team of specialist engineers and operators, responsible for the execution of the project, from initial construction planning through to commissioning, start-up and final handover to production operations, ensuring that construction, pre-commissioning, and commissioning activities proceed safely and efficiently, according to Company standards, project cost and schedule.
As a member of the construction & commissioning department at Eni Iraq B.V, you will be responsible for:
- Participating in the early stages of the projects, starting from the Feasibility Studies and Design stages, defining the criticalities and the most appropriate execution methods.
- Implementing the preliminary conclusions of Commissioning activities in the Bidding Technical Specifications for granting easy contract management and administration.
- Reviewing the technical quality of project constructability.
- Ensuring overall quality of construction activities definition, planning and execution.
- Reviewing contractor’s plan (schedule, cost and compliance of work to project specifications) and ensuring monitoring of construction and commissioning activities.
- Ensure timeliness and efficiency of work execution.
- Directly promoting, by example and leadership, HSE culture, adoption of sound HSE management practices and a desire for safety of personnel and protection of the environment.
- Identifying and adopting correct HSEQ standards according to company standards and local norms and legislation.
- Ensuring Contractor management and cooperation with the Procurement department for the management of suppliers.
- Managing the Construction and Commissioning site team, ensuring that adequate, competent personnel is available to undertake the work fully knowledgeable of Project HSEQ procedures.
- Managing the Contractors, Subcontractors and Suppliers’ activities and representatives, verifying their specific schedules, and granting their integration in the overall execution schedule in compliance with Company HSE and Quality Standards and Project requirements.
- Reviewing contractor’s plans, method statements and procedures for execution of activities.
- Endorsing official documents, work progress certificates, handover certificates, etc.
- Coordinate the Project activities related to the commissioning of the facilities, granting Start-up technical support for the End Users, where requested.
- Defining the specific Organization Chart and the related Job Descriptions for all positions required during Project execution.
- Where required and in a joint agreement with the specific Responsible Departments must:
- Participating in the definition of the Procurement Schedule in cooperation with the specific responsible department highlighting the specific needs.
- Granting specific technical support during the definition of the Technical Specification for the Supplier’s Qualification as well as for the Bidding Technical Evaluation of the goods and services, with full respect of the applicable Eni’s MSGs.
- Guarantee and monitor the implementation of the Best Practices and Standards, as well as the spreading of the lessons learned
- Ensuring the definition and the implementation for the execution of the facilities’ construction and commissioning activities (upstream, midstream, and downstream, as well as Power Generation, Transportation Systems or Production Sites decontamination/decommissioning activities) up to the handover to the End Users.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements:
- Engineering Degree (preferred) or Technical Diploma
- experience in the Oil and Gas industry
- construction and commissioning experience.
- Economics in general: economics planning and control, cost estimating/budgeting/cost analysis & control.
- Contracting: variations and claim resolution, contractor’s document review and approval
- Organization process: work team management methodology, documentation management, site management, contract management, Company/Corporate organization, internal standard, contractors’ qualification methodology and techniques, technical audit and design review, work team management methodology, “internal client” organization process, site accountancy, problem-solving, communication and interface, negotiation, relations management, staff development.
- Compliance: Health, Safety, Environment, Quality, Health of Site Management.
- Technical skills: tender technical evaluation, site construction, installation, plant construction, control system knowledge, inspection, control and testing techniques, adequate knowledge of local and international codes and regulations for the O&G industry (piping, instrumentation, electrical, telecommunication, safety, and equipment), commissioning & testing techniques and strategies, plant/facilities start-up and handover, basis of operations.
- Project management: project feasibility, data books, close-out reports, project management methodologies and techniques, risk management, and reporting.
- Other: orientation to innovation and excellence, commitment to results, flexibility.
- Fluent knowledge of technical English (written and spoken).
Zubair Field Basra, Iraq
At Eni we believe in enterprising people, capable of making a difference and making their contribution with passion and innovation, to respond to the global challenges of the energy transition. For us, the skills and attitudes of each individual, continuous training, and diversity and inclusion are fundamental. We promote flexible ways of working with particular attention to well-being, welfare and work-life balance.
Eni will evaluate applications considering plurality and diversity as sources of enrichment. If your application is assessed to be among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process.
Whatever your ambition, at Eni you can find the tools to make it happen.
Energy for action takers
To apply for this job please visit www.energyjobline.com.