Disposal Yard Specialist
The additional duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
The Disposal / Scrap Yard Specialist will be primarily based in at Amentum’s Baghdad Diplomatic Service Center (BDSC) in Baghdad, Iraq, and serve the Life Support Services contract in support of the State Department and will report to the Property Disposal Manager.
- Process required Turn in documentation to insure all documentation is complete and quantities are correct.
- Ensure quantities received are correct and on hand inventories are correct.
- Review, reconcile, adjust and processes all inventory transactions
- Perform positive verbal and written communication skills with all internal and external customers
- Valid Driver’s license from home country
- Proficiency with a MS Word and Excel
- Demonstrate administrative skills to efficiently & effectively file and maintain critical documentation
- Prior proven experience in Defense Reutilization Management Office operations (DRMO)
- Experience with operating heavy equipment to include up to 30K Forklift, Material Handler Grappler, Front End Loader, and Material Shredders.
- Experience with cutting torches to include Plasma cutters.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma), Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or fifteen years of related experience and/or education
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting a DOD or DOS program, at least two (2) years’ of international experience
- Security Vetting: Must be able to obtain a DOD or DOS Secret security clearance, maintaining eligibility for the duration of the contract
- Medical: Favorable passage of a drug screen and physical examination
- Language Skills: Expert professional, oral and written English communication skills, to present, facilitate and disseminate information
- Work Ethic: Commitment to maintaining a high performance team which delivers customer service excellence
- DoD or Department of State experience
- Active DOD or DOS Secret Security clearance
- Five to seven (5-7) years’ of international experience in challenging locations, preferably working in the Middle East, with a working knowledge of customs and cultural differences
Other Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge of ALL principles and processes involved in property disposal
- Ability to collect, analyze and summarize data and to prepare clear and concise reports
- Experience in effectively dealing with international and headquarters staff, and sensitivity to other cultures
- Exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and administrative details in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change
Amentum is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit pae.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.