Norwegian People's Aid / Norsk Folkehjelp
Wars and armed conflicts come to an end; however, the remnants of war continue to terrorize millions of people for decades to follow. Humanitarian Disarmament’s vision is a world where people and communities are safe, resilient and protected before, during and after armed conflict. Together with national authorities and other stakeholders, we are working to resolve problems faced by local communities caused by landmines and other explosive remnants of war. Currently NPA has more than 20 Humanitarian Disarmament Programmes ongoing in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
We are looking for a new Project Manager to join NPAs dynamic Mine Action and Disarmament programme in Iraq. The Project Manager will have the overall responsibility for Project Management, including human resources, finance, logistics, staff capacity development and donor reporting requirements, for all ongoing projects in Central Iraq. The Project Manager is part of the senior management team in the MAD Iraq programme.
Location: Ramadi, Anbar Governate, Iraq, with extensive travels between field bases and operations in the area of operations.
- An exciting opportunity to be play a crucial role in NPAs Mine Action activities in Iraq.
- Comprehensive salary package including country specific allowances and insurance scheme.
- Five weeks’ annual holiday plus one additional week off for expats.
- Three international flights home per contract year.
- R&R scheme.
Please note that we offer a two-year contract* with the possibility of renewal. The salary and allowances are subject to income tax according to NPA’s Tax Policy. The working conditions, including annual leave, follow the Norwegian Working Environment Act.
- Relevant education or equivalent qualifications (result focused mine action NGO or commercial EOD work, relief and development programmes or military qualifications).
- Experience from and proven successful record in project management.
- Minimum three years’ experience from a management role.
- Experience from and good operational understanding of survey and clearance operations.
- Good knowledge of and experience with Humanitarian Disarmament policy, IMAS, NMAS, SOPs and land release principles.
- Experience from capacity development of staff and national authorities.
- Verbal and written proficiency in English.
What you will do
- Overall responsibility for the recruitment, training, field management and capacity development of NPA’s assets in Central Iraq in conjunction with the Programme Manager and thematic managers.
- Responsible for coordinating with the Regional Mine Action Centre North (RMACN).
- Conduct proposal writing, planning, budget monitoring, and donor reporting for Central Iraq.
- Deputise for positions in the vertical and horizontal programme hierarchy when proposed by higher echelon.
Instructions for applying
Please apply by the 22nd of February 2023.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. When you apply for a job in Norwegian People’s Aid, you will be treated objectively. We focus on diversity and inclusion, and strive to minimize any potential biases throughout our recruitment processes. You will hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline.
We kindly ask you to carefully read NPA’s Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policy, and Anti-Corruption Policy before you submit your application. If you are the selected candidate for this position, you will be asked to complete and sign a Safeguarding self-declaration as well as our Code of Conduct.
*Validity of the offer and contract depends on satisfactory medical certificate, full vaccination, valid travel visa and necessary permits for service and residency in the country of service. The offer and contract also depend on donor funding and might be subject to donor approval.
To apply for this job please visit web103.reachmee.com.