The Driver is responsible for the safe driving of the vehicle for the Islamic Relief Worldwide-Iraq (IRW-Iraq) programme staff/Volunteers, ensuring proper maintenance of vehicles in compliance with safe driving standards, ensuring the vehicle is fueled on time for trips. The driver should follow IRW-Iraq policies and procedures as well as local country traffic road rules.
- Maintenance of the vehicle by checking on weekly basis the status of the vehicle ; alert the direct supervisor in case of technical problem or need of maintenance keep the vehicle documents Log book up-to-date
- Prepare daily vehicle usage report, including trip use, mileage and fuel consumption.
- Supporting the procurement and admin team for manual task.
Control of Vehicles
- Ensure that all vehicle journeys are authorized in advance by line manager.
- Ensure that all vehicle journeys are to be recorded in the log book at the start and completion of the journey
- Ensure that the keys and vehicle documents are kept in a secure place when the vehicle is not in use.
- Ensure all passengers wear vehicle safety seat belts before driving the vehicle.
- Immediately report line manager/safety and security focal point of any accidents accrued and fill the accident report. You might need to inform traffic police as soon as possible.
- IR Iraq reserves the right to refuse entry to a vehicle any staff member without identification documents or who cannot be identified by IR Iraq staff or the might fill the disclaimer sheet.
- Check the vehicle prior to its use in the morning and after use
- Check the vehicle before departing from work.
- Check, on taking over a vehicle, that the items listed on the vehicle check List and the items listed in the vehicle tools and Materials Inventory are present and in full functioning order.
- A driver is to check for vehicle defects and damage to the vehicle and ensure that he reports them to his line manager. After consulting a mechanic, the line manager will make the decision as to whether the vehicle should be taken off the road for repair.
- Report and supervise all maintenance and repair needs of assign vehicle.
The driver is responsible for ensuring that his vehicle is kept clean on the outside and inside at all times. The driver is also to keep the vehicle tidy and ensure that all rubbish is removed from the vehicle after a journey.
- Follow and abide by the traffic rules, regulations, driver safety manual and any other instructions given by Supervisor
- Maintain all vehicle safety equipment, as per vehicle safety kit, in liaison with the admin coordinator including first aid kit, communication equipment and fire extinguisher
- Work after duty hours or holidays as and when required. Be flexible to work during the day and night based on the allocated shift which includes the following: 08:00 a.m to 4:30 p.m; 04:00 p.m to 12:00 a.m; 12:00 a.m to 08:00 a.m (depends on the pre-approval from the line manager).
- The Driver is responsible on any airport shuttle duties which be on other normal.
- Perform any other relevant and appropriate tasks requested by the Line Manager
- Bachelor`s degree in related filed.
- 2 years eexperience from working as a Driver in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience from working as a Driver in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Geographical area knowledge
- Fluency in Arabic and Kurdish languages.
How To Apply
If you are reliable, service minded, discreet, dedicated and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by sending your CV in English to below email:
All applicants must submit a CV as an attachment.
- Please mention in the Subject of your E-mail the Job title: Driver
- CVs submitted without mentioning Job Title will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Closing date: 14th February 2023.