Women Empowerment Organization
Women Empowerment Organization in partnership with Adyan Foundation is implementing a project which is funded by Tearfund. The project is in Telkef, Ninewa.
Project Summary: Through this project, WEO will empower religious, youth, and women community leaders on the concepts of equality, inclusion, and human rights (specifically: The Women, Peace, and Security agenda and combatting GBV), and freedom of religious belief. In addition, the project will create a network among religious, youth, and women leaders from different diversity of religious and ethnic backgrounds aiming at promoting peaceful coexistence followed by financial support to the youth activists to conduct an awareness campaign within their community.
Under the overall supervision of the Director of Programs and direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Field Officer shall perform the following duties:
1. Assist in project implementation in all its phases in the covered area of scope of work;
2. Organize community meetings with the targeted communities
3. Beneficiary selection processes
4. Act as a focal point between WEO and key stakeholders
5. Builds and maintains positive working relationships/networks with community, district administration, and local authorities
6. To ensure transparent, accurate and timely collection of quantitative and qualitative data and information;
7. Collect and document feedback from the field on the implementation of the methodology, including challenges and lessons learned
8. To ensure a regular, effective and comprehensive transmission of information to supervisors
9. Take responsibility for project equipment that you may be entrusted with
10. Report to the supervisor before and after a day’s work for further direction
11. Interprets and translates when required during meetings from Arabic to English and reverse.
12. Perform tasks not covered in this job description and provide support to other departments when necessary and as requested.
13. Sending weekly activity plan
14. Support logistic activities when & wherever needed
15. Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments. Keeping the project manager in the loop of all correspondences and any other contacts.
16. Represents WEO in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on WEO image.
17. Understands and adheres to the WEO Code of Conduct
18. Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
19. Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers.
20. Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and WEO.
21. Is aware of the socio-political situation and keeps the information up-to-date.
22. Willing to work outside official working hours when required.
23. Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
· Bachelor’s University Degree;
· At least one year of related experience in the humanitarian field;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills mainly in Arabic and English language;
· Should be familiar with the area or the locality they are working in;
· Ability to work independently and confidence to undergo household visits;
· Computer literacy to be able to work on smartphone-based data collection applications;
· Demonstrated experience in household surveys (baseline/evaluations);
· Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills;
· Good communication skills and experience in participatory methodology;
· Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision;
· Strong organizational skills;
· High professional ethics and confidentiality standards in a diverse workplace;
· Conducting field trips and travel to other cities as per job requirements;
· Flexibility with regard to long working hours or working on weekends if required.
How To Apply
Deadline : 2023-02-21source: NCCI