General objective of the position:
The main role of the Project officer is to coordinate and manage the implementation of Strengthening Healthcare Systems through Sustainable Capacity Building project in Ninawa. He/She will oversee all of the operational, capacity building and logistical components of the project including monitoring progress against the detailed implementation plan for all project activities, tracking the capacity-building plan, submission of project financial documents and narrative reports, and maintaining the implementation of SAMS guidelines, standards and outcomes. This staff will report to the Sr.Program Manager and technically to the health coordinator who will provide additional support on operational or technical needs.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Facilitate training sessions in coordination with the Direcatorate of Health Ninawa and SAMS team
- Ensure proper documentation of all training and capacity building sessions, keep track of the attendance sheets, training reports and training tracker.
- Submit high quality training reports on timely manner.
- Ensure the project implementation is aligned to SAMS policies and procedures in terms of security, finance, administration, and operations.
- Support with project planning, monitoring and evaluation in coordination with M&E SAMS team
- Provide staff with support and up-to-date advice on developments and challenges in project implementation together with any necessary recommendations for action
- Conduct field visits to collect relevant information and insight on project activities.
- Support the management in developing and maintaining strong relationships with project partners, government officials, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Track and record information related to project beneficiaries, and handle requests and complaints in regard to technical aspects of implementation as directed by the program and MEAL unit.
- Supervise the beneficiary selection per the technical project selection criteria in close coordination with DoH and Health coordinator
- Work together with local government to facilitate and coordinate the program activities implementations
Mandatory Qualifications required
- University degree in Social Sciences or relevant subject
- Minimum of 4 years’ professional experience in capacity building training, working with directorate of health and working with NGOs
- Excellent knowledge of the context needs in Iraq
- Good reporting and documentation skills
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic and English language skills
- Excellent coordination skills and proven experience in the management of larger project
- Experience in contacting and organizing meetings with respective authorities and officials
- Experience in logistics
- Strong professional communication and inter-personal skills and ability to engage with officials, local authorities and partner organizations
- Ability to establish and maintain networks
- The eligible candidate is independent, committed and reliable
- Flexibility and ability to adjust to changing circumstances and needs is required
How To Apply
Qualified Candidates should submit Cover Letters with their resumes (PDF format) attached electronically to [email protected] indicating the position (Project Officer) in the subject line. Email without subject title will not be considered. Email after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline : 2023-02-23source: NCCI