Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights
Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights is a charitable organization supporting survivors of human rights violations, defending fundamental freedoms, and promoting democratic values throughout the world. Our programs provide mental health, medical treatment, and other support services to survivors of trauma, terror, domestic violence, and human rights violations.
We are seeking applications for the following position:
Position: Finance Officer
Employment Type: Full-time (40h/week on 5 days)
Reports to: Head of Finance; Center Manager
Required Degree: Bachelor or higher degree in Accounts & Finance, with 3 years or working experience in the field of Accounts/Finance/Audit
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Prepare monthly cash book/bank book and financial reports
- Collection of bank statements monthly and prepare the bank reconciliation statement
- Prepare Cash reconciliation statement with cash count sheet
- Maintain & monitor Petty Cash in Office and, regularly replenish the petty cash and ensure enough cash is available in the office to meet day-to-day office expenses
- Prepare monthly payroll, collection of staff timesheets, and Payroll disbursement
- Ensure timely payment of income tax and social securities
- Keep cheque book & Cash in safe custody
- Prepare/Review payment vouchers and ensure that all the supporting documents are complete according to the organization’s requirements.
- Prepare monthly cash projections according to cash requirements in the office and submit to the Head of Finance for review and arrangement of funds.
- Produce and maintain the up-to-date book-keeping system, Data entry in accounting software regularly.
- Ensure that all documentation is prepared according to the requirements of the Organization/ project donors
- Prepare audit schedules and details required by the auditors
- Maintain a permanent inventory of the organization’s equipment and assets and conduct physical verification regularly
- Systemically keep all financial records and ensure that all vouchers are readily available for review/audit
- Scanning of financial records and vouchers kept in separate folders
- Monitoring & guiding the field units
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
- Excellent Kurdish and English skills (listening, speaking, and writing); Arabic is an advantage;
- Completed bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration with a specialisation in Accounting or Finance;
- Familiarity with book-keeping software and international book-keeping standards;
- At least three years of work experience in this work field;
- Three years of work experience with not-for-profit organizations and projects funded by multiple donors;
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team, and cooperation with other staff members, centers, and external partners;
- Readiness to travel, including multi-day trips both nationally and internationally;
- Undertake any activity aimed at protecting clients, particularly children and youth, from violence and harm;
- Active interest in promoting human rights and social justice; awareness of current events nationally and internationally.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Participation in staff-to-staff training, language training, and seminars with external trainers.
- For self-study, access to a particular library with a large collection of literature on human rights, torture, mental and physical health, etc.
- Paid holidays (24 days for the full-time position) plus 15 statutory holidays. Additional paid holidays, especially on religious festivals, may be agreed upon.
- Voluntary pension scheme with employer contributions.
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a motivation letter, your curriculum vitae, and references/certificates in one PDF file via: https://form.jotform.com/230351602677453
Please note that applications that do not meet the requirements or are incomplete will not be considered! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights is an equal opportunity employer, and we particularly encourage women and disadvantaged groups to apply for this position.
You can find more information about our work at www.jiyan.org