IN2 is an award-winning specialist communications and research company dedicated to creating positive change for communities in high-risk and rapidly changing environments. We use innovative and engaging two-way communications to create impact across the full spectrum of geo-political and socio-economic issues, including global security, international development, business transformation and climate change.
IN2 combines a global geopolitical outlook with a rich understanding of local grassroots sentiment to help clients develop, deliver and measure engagement campaigns that connect our clients with their intended audiences in a language, manner, and medium that feels natural to them.
With our track record of delivering culturally sensitive campaigns in challenging and higher-risk environments around the world, IN2 has become a trusted partner and advisor to a range of clients from national governments and transnational institutions to global brands and international NGOs.
In addition to operational headquarters in Istanbul, IN2 has offices in the UK, UAE, Jordan, Europe, Iraq and Kenya.
IN2’s professionally and culturally diverse 160-strong staff hail from 20 countries. We are committed to diversity in our workplace. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Freelance Research Consultant
- Identify 30 individuals and conduct key informant interviews in Anbar (specific target locations tbd)
- Manage and undertake research into political, social and security topics in Iraq, from report inception to development.
- Undertake research to identify audiences, narratives, amplifiers, and information ecosystems relevant to specific media issues.
- Deliver well written reports and briefs on outcomes of work to clients and IN2 senior management.
- Support IN2 research team in the design of qualitative/quantitative questionnaire.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- A thorough, analytical approach to digital research, including experience interpreting data from a range of sources
- Minimum of three years professional experience in government, academia, international organisations, NGOs or journalism.
- Excellent research, writing and analytical skills.
- Understanding of key themes related to violent extremism, media landscapes, counter-terrorism and conflict in the Middle East. Field experience in fragile and conflict-affected states is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in communications, international relations, conflict studies, political science, sociology or equivalent through experience. Master degrees or similar work experience is advantageous
- Fluency in Arabic and English, with strong drafting skills.
- Experience of supervising international and national colleagues is preferred.
- A solid understanding of the political, social and security dynamics in Anbar governorate is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including public presentation skills, digital and social media communications skills, and a strong capacity for effective teamwork.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and often demanding environment.
IN2 is committed to hiring the best talent. As a company, it is proud of its diverse and inclusive workforce and so we welcome applications from all professional and cultural backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, or religion.
To apply for this job please visit in2comms.bamboohr.com.