- This position will be physically located in Iraq in support of LOGCAP**
- Under supervision of the HR Manager, plans and schedules work of assigned staff performing work in a wide variety of functional areas. Supervises the application of Human Resources policies in employee relations, wage and salary administration, training, employee benefits, workers compensation, personal records, , and related HR administrative matters at the project location in compliance with contractual requirements and established company policies.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Supports the Human Resources Manager and acts in his/her stead during absences.
- Manages complex Employee Relation Investigations.
- Interfaces with Department Managers and resolves complex HR issues
- Responsible for the overall functions of HR to include training, policy administration, employee relations, compensation, benefits, worker’s compensation, expatriate policies/procedures, international human resources, interface with payroll, interface with recruiting.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of an effective internal employee complaint procedure for expeditious resolution of company employee complaints.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of descriptive (job position) descriptions for task order position to include each major job/position activity and minimum qualification levels of education/experience required.
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of the task order related compensation and benefits programs for the project employees in compliance with contract/Company requirements for the location.
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of effective records/files and reports control program to support all employee relations assigned responsibilities to include administrative procedures for interface with all other Company functional activities.
- Ensures recruiting, promotions and terminations are accomplished in a fair and equitable manner.
- Establishes and up-dates the merit review and salary increase grid for the project and ensures all employee performance reviews are accomplished in a timely manner.
- Manages multiple tasks at one time; quickly and accurately shifts attention among multiple tasks under distracting conditions without loss of accuracy or appearance of frustration.
- Must be able to deliver results and meet commitments with potential conflicting priorities.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required
- Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or related field or equivalent experience.
- CAC Eligible
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Minimum six (6) years plus years of experience in human resources of which at least three (3) years of experience must be in employee relations and minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Previous HR Generalist experience
- Experience in providing HR leadership and guidance in support of over a thousand employees.
- Knowledge of HR Laws and disciplines including recruiting, talent management, compensation practices, employee relations, training and development, diversity, performance management, and international employment laws.
- Experience handling sensitive employment data.
- Experience in identifying trends, risks and opportunities within the organization and developing solutions.
- HR Certifications, PHR or SPHR a plus.
- LOGCAP experience is preferred.
- The ability to work under minimal supervision.
- The candidate must demonstrate an ability to develop rapport and credibility at all levels of the organization and to collaborate across functional areas to work toward identified goals.
- Candidate must process excellent communication skills and have demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Candidate must have the requisite skills and attitude to consult effectively with managers and supervisors.
- Candidate must have the ability The ability to anticipate problems, trouble shoot and employ effective strategies for resolution.
- Candidate must have the ability to proactively research and review labor laws, re ability to demonstrate positive interpersonal skills in dealing with conflict and problem solving.
- Candidate must have the ability to proactively research and review labor laws, regulations, and policies, and recommend courses of action.
- Candidate must demonstrate a high level of adaptability, a high tolerance for ambiguity, and be able to lead and manage change throughout the organization.
- Previous knowledge in an HRIS systems (SAP, PeopleSoft, etc.)
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Candidate must have demonstrated ability to manage multiple and complex administrative processes and the ability to analyze and problem-solve.
- Skilled working in a team-orientated environment and able to demonstrate strong customer service skills
- Manages an HR team of ANs and OCNs.
- Working Conditions:
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Physical Requirements:
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers.vectrus.com.