ICRC (International Committee of the Red Cross) - Baghdad
The AAP Field Officer ensures working with different departments within the sub-delegation in mainstreaming the participation of affected people in ICRC’s response vis-à-vis Results-Based Management cycle. S/he will provide support to conduct community engagement sessions, focus-group discussions, two-way communication / feedback mechanism, information provision, analysis and evidence, dissemination of information to the target population about prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse and ICRC code of conduct. The role will also be supporting to ensure ICRC’s projects/programmes are inclusive and accessible by diverse target populations by ensuring support on context, power, and social analysis of people and communities.
- ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical support to Field and Department Specialists on ensuring participation, two-way communication/feedback, analysis and evidence, and inclusive programming.
- Analysis of priorities, needs/threats/problems, and coping mechanisms of the target population.
- Analysis of context including social and power dynamics of the target population.
- Timely reporting of data and feedback received from the target population to management and
- SPECIFIC TASKS
- Provide technical support to departments/operations to ensure systematic participation of diverse affected people in the ICRC humanitarian response
- Strengthen the two-way communication/feedback mechanism
- Provide support in carrying out evidence-based operations by working closely with the Analysis and Evidence team
- Support the implementation of the prevention of sexual exploitation & abuse plus the code of conduct
- Capacity building and coordination with Iraq Red Cresent Society (IRCS) and on the aspect of Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA)
- EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- University degree in Social Science/Anthropology/Sociology/Development/gender studies.
- 3 to 5 years’ professional experience in Programme Management, Community Engagement and/or Community Based Protection.
- Experience in similar positions in humanitarian organisations desirable.
- Excellent computer literacy, good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Fluent command of English and Arabic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills.
How To Apply
How to Apply: All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations. Applications must be clearly marked to ([email protected]) with subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy title.
- Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq.
- The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
NB: If you have not heard from us by a Month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).
Deadline : 2023-03-03source: NCCI