Women Empowerment Organization
The accountant will manage and coordinate day-to-day finance issues including budgeting, budget control, cross-checking all the expenditures, overseeing sub-grants, producing cash forecasts, keeping finance and asset records and supporting the logistic staff.
Under the overall supervision of the Director of Operations & Finance and direct supervision of Finance Manager, the accountant shall perform the following duties:
1- Prepare vouchers for book-keeping and indicate their cost classification:
2- Prepare payment vouchers and ensure that all requests are supported and approved;
3- Check receipts and balance the field offices’ cash sheets:
4- Execute cash payments, collect and prepare proper receipts;
5- Follow up on and arrange for receivables and payables settlement (e.g. payment of utilities);
6- Organize and settle the receipts of advance payments;
7- Control the project expenses to ensure that the payments are allocated in the approved budget lines;
8- Monitor the expenditures to ensure that funds are utilized appropriately;
9- Ensure that all purchase requests are processed prior to the payment and audit the purchase requests to ensure that all the required steps have been processed prior to submitting for approval;
10- In consultation with Operation Director and Program Director, prepare payroll payments;
11- Convert all the payable and receivable transactions in the accounting records;
12- Verify the correctness of the cash book (petty cash and bank transactions) and report results;
13- Verify the numerical correctness of contracts and execute payments;
14- Provide necessary documents and reports for internal control;
15- Process claims for travel expenses;
16- Provide necessary documents for the project’s/program’s financial planning;
17- Maintain the office inventory list;
18- Immediately reports all problems involving finance and regulations;
19- File all important documents regarding the project’s/program’s accounting and finances;
20- Any other tasks or duties that are assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Skills
• University degree in Accounting, or related fields
• At least three years of experience in accounting and finance management with NGOs,
• Very good interpersonal and verbal and non-verbal communication skills,
• Very good language skills in Arabic and English, knowledge of Kurdish is an asset.
• Computer skills (MS Office pack; advanced level, Excel is a must)
• High professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace,
• Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality,
• Conducting field trips and travel to other cities/countries as per job requirements,
• Flexibility with regard to long working hours or working on weekends if required.
How To Apply
– Please send your CV to ([email protected]).
– Please state the job title in the subject line: (Accountant – Erbil)
– CVs in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
– Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
– Applications past the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
Deadline : 2023-02-25source: NCCI