NRC (Norwegian Refugee Council)
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the ICT officer position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of ICT (Information, Communication and Technology) functions responsibilities.
- Implement NRC’s ICT policies and guidelines at office level
- Ensure system security
- Schedule computer related services, maintenance and license renewals
- Ensure installation and maintenance of protection services (anti-viruses and firewalls)
- Provide ICT support and trainings to staff
- Participate in the procurement processes of ICT equipment
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Ensure system security
- Keep the assets list up to date and provide tags for the new purchased assets.
- Do regular visits and check up to IT equipment to Iraq offices.
- Conduct awareness and training session to new and current employees on computer software and ICT systems.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, update and maintain workstations, laptops, printers/copiers, monitors and other peripheral hardware.
- Ensure that computer network and other office technology access privileges, application requirement configured and maintained.
- Monitor network to ensure network functionality and availability to all system users.
- Conduct awareness and training session to new and current employees on computer software and ICT systems
- Maintain records of all incoming and outgoing materials for the store
- Prepare periodic stock reports and assist in carrying out periodic inventory audits
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
• Experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Some knowledge of English
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- 1 year of work experience in IT or communication departments.
- University degree in IT, Computer Science, Communication or equivalent
- Fluency in local working language (Kurdish and Arabic).
- Ability of keeping up to date with modern ICT trends
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Advance knowledge in Microsoft Office 365.
Contract Duration: until 31- December -2023 – renewable based on funding and performance
Duty Station: Erbil – Iraq
Health Insurance is provided
Salary: G5/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
For more information please read the job description
How To Apply
To apply Please click Here
Deadline : 2023-03-02source: NCCI