iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP supports project partners to improve their information management processes and procedures to support operational planning and decision-making. iMMAP conducts needs assessment to identify gaps in partner’s existing information management systems to support streamlining of processes, development of new IM and GIS tools, as well as IM/GIS capacity development. iMMAP supports data cleaning and processing of existing datasets, as well analysis and visualization to turn partners’ data into actionable information for key decision-makers. GIS tools, such as ArcGIS, support data analysis and visualization through creation of interactive web maps, dashboards, infographics and other information products. Training packages developed and delivered to partners, as well as on-the-job training and technical support, supports partners’ to improve their capacity in data processing, analysis and visualization in ArcGIS and PowerBI. The role will be based in Baghdad.
*Please note that this position is required for a duration of 6-months only and recruitment will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Description of Duties
The IM/GIS Officer will support the project by working under the supervision of the International GIS Expert to conduct review of the project partner’s existing datasets and support the development of information dashboards and infographics to disseminate to key stakeholders. They will provide training and technical support to the partner to create a suitable database and queries for populating dashboards, as well as development of dashboards in ArcGIS.
- Develop the project workplan and oversee project implementation, with support of the Program Coordinator
- Develop information management system assessment tools, to assess the existing procedures, software, infrastructure and capacities of the partner staff.
- Support to conduct key informant interviews with partner staff to identify their information needs and define key performance indicators to be visualized.
- Conduct review and assessment of existing datasets and conduct any necessary cleaning and reengineering for visualization.
- Establish geodatabase for creation of interactive web maps, dashboards and infographics.
- Conduct relevant data analyses and create information products to support the partner to visualize data.
- Support the development and delivery of high-quality information management and GIS training packages.
- Support the creation of dashboards and other information products to visualize data and disseminate to project stakeholders.
- Provide on-the-job training and technical support to partner staff to enable them to build interactive web maps, dashboards and create infographics.
- Support development of user guides to support the partner to effectively build, manage and maintain the geodatabase and information products.
- Support drafting of project progress reports.
Qualifications & Skills
- Graduate of an Institute or University in the field of Information Technology, Information Management or Computer Sciences.
- In-depth knowledge of database software, and computer networks and good knowledge of related hardware and peripheral equipment.
- A minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in information management, data analysis and data visualization is required.
- Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative data analysis, including creation of dashboards in ArcGIS and PowerBI.
- Understanding of data QA/QC processes for information management are essential.
- Experience in team management and project management is required.
- Knowledge of relational database management using SQL.
- Soft skills
- Ability to coordinate with local administrators, government and NGOs.
- Ability to work under pressure at different locations.
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation.
- Self-reliant and able to work independently.
- Good oral and written skills in Arabic and English are essential.
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Access, MS SQL server, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise
- Adobe Illustrator and InDesign is an advantage
How To Apply
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How To Apply :
Through IMMAP Career Portal link below: