The ITN Campaign Digitalization Senior Specialist is expected to have expertise in the assessment, development, governance and implementation of ITN digitalisation tools and technologies. This is a home-based assignment with significant duty travel required.
Assignments could include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the context analysis and the operational needs for the digitalization of the ITN campaign in close collaboration with the National Malaria Control Programme and any other interested stakeholders with clear definition on the aspects of the campaign that will be digitized (macroplanning, microplanning including geo-enabled microplanning, household registration, distribution, logistics and supply chain, supervision and monitoring, social behavior change etc…).
- Lead the assessment of the country digitalization ecosystem and key indicators (internet penetration rate, use of social media, nationwide network coverage etc.), identifying opportunities, weakness, and gaps for campaign digitalization.
- Lead and facilitate discussions for the selection of the digital platform and required functionalities to achieve digitalization objectives.
- Lead the development of the digitalization plan of action based on the outcomes from the context analysis and the operational needs and ensure it’s aligned and consistent with the overall ITN strategy and other PoAs (SBC, Logistics, and supply chain, Monitoring and evaluation)
- In close collaboration with logistics, lead and develop a comprehensive budget based on clear quantifications of personnel (national or international hired) and trainings; hardware and software (smartphones specs and numbers, main digitalization platform and related applications etc.) needed for the digitalization of the campaign.
- Lead and define the digitalization activities breakdown timeline and roles and responsibilities for each of the stakeholders and service providers.
- Lead the development of the risk assessment and mitigation measures for the campaign digitalization.
- Support digitalization platform customization by leading the process for country specific requirement definition, deployment, monitoring, and implementation
- Lead the development of supporting documents such as job descriptions for digitalization staff, terms of references for the sub-digitalization committee, smartphones, software specifications and related digitalization SOPs.
- Lead the definition of primary metrics for the assessing the campaign digitization pilot and adjustments needed before scaling up
- Lead the organization of post-campaign digitalization review meeting including development of tools to collect information to the beneficiaries and campaign workers
- Lead the definition of digitalization campaign workflow and process to collect data from the households using smartphone devices (procured equipment or Bring Your Own Device approach) and apps to the main platform via Internet network.
- Monitor the progress of digitalization efforts, evaluating their impact, and suggesting improvements based on data analysis and feedback from stakeholders
- Support the updating of the online digitalization prospective tracker for each country section as digitalization progresses throughout the campaign
- Coordinate with various stakeholders including government officials, health workers, and technical partners to ensure the successful implementation of digitalization of ITN campaigns
- Advanced University degree (master’s) degree desired, preferably in public health or social science health informatics, information and data management system, computer science and data collection system programming or related. Bachelor’s degree may be considered with two additional years of experience.
- Technical/Professional License with additional 8 years of experience;
- Technical /Professional Diploma with additional 11 years of experience;
- Completed High/Secondary school with additional 13 years of experience;
may be considered in lieu of the requirement of a university degree and qualifying years of experience.
- A minimum of 7 years (or more based on educational credentials) of professional experience in public health, or related fields, with a focus on digital health and/or campaign management like DHIS2, Commcare, Red Rose, Health campaign platform software, ODK, Kobo, Power BI, Tableau etc is required
- Familiarity with digital health tools and technologies, such as mobile applications, data management systems, and digital reporting platforms is required.
- Experience working on mass ITN distribution campaigns, or mass vaccination campaigns, or other large-scale programs such as food distribution, emergency operations, disaster response or other large-scale health or humanitarian programs is required.
- Proven experience in developing guidance documents, technical specifications, and business processes for digital health interventions or campaign digitization is preferred.
- Knowledge of broader health policies and national malaria programmes is highly desired.
- Fluency in English is required.
- French and Portuguese is desirable
- Working knowledge of the other languages UN Languages is desired
Think big. Meet challenges head-on. Help people build better lives.
UNOPS embraces diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunities. Our workforce is made up of people from varied nationalities, cultures and races. They speak a range of languages and have different gender identities, sexual orientations, and abilities.
We encourage women and candidates from underrepresented groups in UNOPS to apply. These include candidates from racialized and/or indigenous groups, members of minority gender identities and sexual orientations, and people with disabilities. Click apply and join us!
Remarks: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unops.org.