American University of Iraq - Baghdad
Why the American University of Iraq—Baghdad?
Opening its doors in January 2021, the new American University of Iraq—Baghdad (AUIB) began as a dream of influential individuals in Iraqi and United States business, industry, and government who want to see a world-class institution of higher learning established in the city, reminiscent of the days when Baghdad was an educational mecca and the flourishing capital of the Muslim world. With a great library, palatial college buildings and student centers, state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and athletic facilities, AUIB is a beautiful campus attracting students, faculty, and staff from throughout the world. We invite you to join us in this exciting new venture.
This position will report directly to the IT Director.
The IT Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, execution, control, and completion of assigned information systems-related projects while ensuring consistency with strategic goals and overseeing the full project lifecycle. This position requires authority to accomplish project objectives, including cross-functional groups, business units, and vendors (as appropriate).
Areas of Accountabilities: Main Activities
- Setting project goals and coming up with plans to meet those goals.
- Maintaining project timeframes and status reports.
- Managing resources for projects, such as computer equipment and employees,.
- Attending meetings, sessions, and other company events.
- Attending and conducting training sessions and seminars.
- Reporting daily responsibilities and tasks.
- Coordinating project team members and developing schedules and individual responsibilities.
- Implementing IT strategies that deliver projects on schedule.
- Using project management tools to track project performance and schedule adherence.
- Conducting risk assessments for projects.
- Independently interacting with stakeholders (for instance, deans, directors, vendors, and executive leaders, as needed).
- Drafting an RFP or RFQ within the domain.
- Presenting and demonstrating solutions to business users.
A: Educational Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or software Engineering
- A master’s degree and/or Engineering would be a plus.
B: Minimum Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of information technology project management experience is required; PMP certification is preferred.
- Experience in the software development lifecycle would be a good plus.
- Strong experience in Oracle technologies, including ERP Fusion and Peoplesoft, is preferred but not required.
- Strong experience in Learning Management Solutions (Canvas)
- Experience in the education field is recommended.
C: Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be adaptable and able to pick up new techniques and technologies.
- Keep up with new technologies and be ambitious to learn and attend training programs.
- Positive, service-oriented personality
- Proactive, analytical, and creative thinker, problem solver, and active listener.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective communicator from both verbal and written standpoints (English and Arabic)
Application Requirements for Positions at the American University of Iraq—Baghdad
To be considered for any role at the American University of Iraq—Baghdad (AUIB), applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Cover letter: This should detail how your skills and experience align with the specific requirements of the position you are applying for.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae: Please provide an up-to-date resume or CV.
- Identification: A valid national ID or passport is required for the application process.
** Please note that applications missing any of these components will not be considered.
If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will need to provide additional documentation:
- Educational transcripts and certifications must be translated into English.
- References: You must provide contact details for three references. These individuals should be those who have either worked with you or supervised your work.
We look forward to receiving your complete applications and appreciate your interest in joining our dynamic team at AUIB.
To apply for this job please visit www.auib.edu.iq.