Starting salary of USD 60,000 per annum + performance based bonus’ – 0% tax environment.
About Cobblestone Energy
Cobblestone Energy is an energy trading company specialising in the Great Britain and European wholesale electricity markets. Founded in 2017, we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future of global commodity trading.
We make use of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country, and growing every day. In doing so, we help to balance the electricity grid, lowering the cost to end consumers, and aiding the transition to a renewable future. Technology and risk management form the backbone of our business.
At Cobblestone Energy, we are a diverse team of over 50 people from 20+ nationalities – we believe in hiring extraordinary talent from all around the world. Our flat organizational structure helps us in giving our team members complete ownership of the work and ensures ideas come from every level. We believe in providing unlimited growth opportunities to our people alongside constant feedback and support, which allows us to cover our vulnerabilities and grow as a team in new and interesting ways. With the right performance and potential, you could be managing the power desk for an entire country within eighteen months in your role. Come join our dream team!
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas
- The team is more important than the individual.
- Being the best in any market we enter
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people
- Others must benefit from our existence.
What We Offer In This Role
- A full-time position on our Commercial team
- Committed and remarkably talented colleagues.
- Highly competitive compensation dependent on performance
- An exciting, challenging and fulfilling career.
- Investment in your development to ensure that you always remain the best in business.
- Equity participation for strong contributors, ensuring our interests are all aligned long term.
Do you have a passion for data and a solid foundation in mathematics and computer science? If you are a recent graduate or early career professional, Cobblestone Energy, a high-speed energy trading company in Dubai, is looking for you to join us as a Junior Data Scientist. Help drive informed decision making throughout the organization.
As a Junior Data Scientist at Cobblestone Energy, you will play a critical role in supporting our energy trading operations. You will be responsible for collecting, cleaning, analysing, and interpreting large datasets to uncover trends, patterns, and insights that will drive our business decisions. You will also have the opportunity to develop predictive models to forecast energy prices and trends and collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement data-driven solutions.
- Developing deep understanding of the industry and delivering key insights by analysing data
- Forecasting different fundamentals such as wind power generation and demand
- Researching and implementing new trading strategies
- Building and developing new or existing data infrastructure
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- Strong proficiency in programming languages such as Python and R
- Experience with data analysis and manipulation tools such as Pandas, NumPy, and SQL
- Knowledge of data visualization tools such as Matplotlib and Seaborn
- Experience that demonstrates your team-oriented, innovative, and strategic working styles.
- Pro-active and flexible work mentality
- Interest in data-driven trading
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
About the Role: This is an exciting opportunity for a Junior Data Scientist to join a growing and innovative energy trading company. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects, gain valuable industry experience, and develop your skills in a supportive and dynamic environment.
The Hiring Process
Your application will undergo evaluation, followed by psychometric tests, a trading simulation, a research project, and remote interviews. Successful candidates will then be extended an offer to join our Dubai office as full-time Commercial Graduates through our Commercial Development Program (CDP). We will cover all relocation expenses, including flights, visas, housing, and necessary paperwork. The CDP provides a comprehensive rotational experience in data science, trading, and analytics, with guidance from our experienced commercial team. Throughout the program, you will receive mentorship and training in market fundamentals, leading to the development of strong analytical skills. Upon completion of the program, you will be a Junior Data Scientist
If you are eager to learn, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are passionate about using data to drive business decisions, we want to hear from you! Apply now and take the first step in your career as a Junior Data Scientist at Cobblestone Energy.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.