Triangle Generation Humanitaire
Country: The position is based in Salahadin with possible travels in the KRI and GOI region
Duration: Seven (9) months, starting March – renewable
Function Grid reference and Salary: the starting salary for this position is 1334 USD under the Category of C Grade 6 / along with competitive remuneration package.
Place in the org. Chart: Under the direct responsibility of the Logistics Manager.
Supervisor of: Drivers and Cleaner.
The Logistics Assistant will organize and supervise logistic support for a Livelihoods Project in Tikrit according to TGH procedures.
He/she will assist the Project Manager, with the support of the Logistics Officer Mosul, in the implementation of the project logistics support.
Responsibility 1: Procurement
- Updates on a daily basis the purchase follow up
- Receipts, verification and processing of purchase requests and purchase orders
- Proceeds to quotations and purchases under the supervision of the Logistic Manager
- Ensures timely deliveries are done
- Ensures the conformity of supplier specifications and other purchasing documents
- Establishes the evaluation grid of the offers
- Participates in the identification of suppliers / service providers
- Ensure that all works, goods and services received are conformed with the required specifications (quantity, quality)
- Ensures correct filling and signatures of receipt note, delivery slip and waybills
- Ensures compliance of invoices and supplier documents
- Prepare invoices for payments by the administration
- Ensures good relationships are established with local suppliers
- Ensures that the Purchasing File is complete, compliant and contains the required documents (Requisition, quotations, evaluation grid, purchase order, copy of the invoice, delivery note, receipt of payment) before archiving and scanning
- Ensures the proper storage of purchasing documents (classification code, visibility, ergonomics)
- Make sure all contracts are properly signed and that the company representatives provide the relevant documents.
- In liaison with the admin department and when required, deliver cheques and payments to suppliers.
- In liaison with the admin department and when required, pay small expenses in cash and fill in the cash book
Responsibility 2: Fleet Management
- Participates in the vehicle rental contracts follow up
- Compiles the movement plan
- Ensures that all vehicles are safe and road-worthy;
- Ensures that all vehicles have proper on-board vehicle documentation (insurance, access letters, car registration, driving license, TGH ID card)
- Ensures that vehicle log books are in place and used correctly
- Ensures that safety equipment and first aid kit is in each vehicle are in place
- Prepares and proceeds to interviews/tests of new drivers with the Logistics Manager.
- Ensures that all drivers have received general training and carry out regular testing
- Ensures that drivers are aware and respect safety rules and procedures
- Organises, follows and provides documents for transportations of materials to programmes and bases.
- Organises and follows the transportation of logistics, admin and project documents to Mosul base, in liaison with Mosul Logistics Officer and the logistics Manager.
Responsibility 3: Equipment management
- Ensures all equipment is properly coded and identified
- Ensures the equipment inventory follow up is up to date
- Ensures that a lending certificate is completed and signed by any user and archived
- Ensures the equipment is stored in a secure place
- Updates the equipment inventory follow up file in real time, in collaboration with the Deputy Logistics Coordinator
- Performs quarterly physical inventory of equipment
- Ensures that equipment provided to TGH employees is returned from the employee
- Labels any new equipment purchased or received before delivering it to the requester
- Informs his line manager for all needs in repair and / or maintenance of equipment
Responsibility 4: Stock Management
- Receives and Processes out-of-stock release order request
- Registers in and out of stock in the stock cards and bin cards
- Archives waybills and all exit documents
- Performs a monthly physical inventory
- Updates monthly the stock report
- Performs a monthly cleaning of the stock
- Ensures that the stock is locked and secured
- Complies with stock management standards
Responsibility 5: ITC Management
- Ensures preventive and curative maintenance (checking, cleaning, etc.)
- Performs updates and upgrades so that virus protection, software, hardware, and network configuration are standardized for all users and their equipment on the network.
- Ensures the regular updating of the ITC inventory
- Records, reports and refers unresolved issues, as well as exceptional requests to logistical coordination, to find solutions and ensure quality standards
- Provides technical assistance to team.
Responsibility 6: Premises management
- Carries out a weekly control of the installations of all the residences and the office and to inform his superior of any maintenance or repair to carry out
- Carries out all minor works /repairs for the office
- Supervises and monitors the progress of rehabilitation and construction
- Ensures that consumables are available at the workplace and notify the hierarchy of needs
- Ensures that each residence / office has sufficient electricity or internet credits for their operation
- Supervises the cleaner and prepare his/her workplan for cleaning both the office and the guesthouse and preparing visits of TGH staffs (cleaning rooms and preparing beds in the GuestHouse)
Responsibility 7: Security management
- Participates in the tracking of vehicles and staff during movements
- Ensures that all fire extinguishers are functional and in the appropriate location
- Ensures that security system (cameras…) is functioning
- Participates in the training for employees and guards in the use of the fire extinguishers
- Liaises with Logistics officer in Erbil and Field officer in Mosul for the JCMC letters
- Reports to Logistics Manager any security incident
- Applies the local security plan for Tikrit
- Ensures that communication back up is functioning
- Ensures that the safe box is in place and items listed and updated
- Ensures that the first aid kit is up to date
Responsibility 8: Reporting / Archiving
- Sends on a monthly basis: Vehicles, drivers and taxi drivers follow up, laptops, routers and phones follow up, Outlook email addresses follow up, suppliers’ catalogue and prices list,
- Sends on a weekly basis: Purchase follow up, Logistics follow up
- Sends the logistics monthly report
The list above is not strictly definitive; an employee working within the framework of these tasks may carry out other tasks if asked to do so by his/her line manager
- Bachelor in Logistics
- Have a very good level of English and Arabic language
- At least 1 year of experience as assistant logistics position
- Knowledge and experience in humanitarian sector are strongly appreciated
- Capacity to work under pressure
How To Apply
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
In order to submit an application, all candidates are invited to fill the following google form by clicking on the link below:
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Triangle will proceed to the preselection of candidates on a rolling basis and reserve the right to close the advertisement as soon as a candidate is identified for the position. Therefore, you are kindly invited to submit your application as soon as possible and no later than 28th of February 2023.
Kindly note that all applications received by email or by paper will not be considered. Only those submitted through the application link will be processed.
Deadline : 2023-02-28source: NCCI