- Receives authority from and reports directly to the Program Manager and is responsible for all aspects of high quality food operations including procurement, delivery, preparation and serving
- Develops and implements a comprehensive food operations plan that incorporates movement from current DFAC operations to cafeteria style delivery
- Responsible for hiring and managing all American personnel associated with food operations
- Uses, develops and applies industry standard and proven best practice methodologies to ensure continued performance improvement of all food related activities and delivery of timely and high quality services.
- Full understanding and implementation of Servesafe and HAACP standards for food service
- Works collaboratively with Site Managers and PMO staff to ensure responsiveness and high customer satisfaction
- Ability to design and manage food service operations including food menu preparation, menu planning, catering services and overall food service management.
- Ability to manage and amend subcontracts and SOW’s as directed
- Solid financial knowledge in regards to food cost, transportation, and labor
- Demonstrated knowledge of logistics as it pertains to perishable and food items
- Demonstrated ability and comfort with technical writing and presentation.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years progressively responsible life support operational management experience with minimum five years’ experience in large facilities supporting 500+ persons
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with oversees facilities/life support operations
- Experience in OCONUS environments, is particularly desirable
- Professional experience in Middle East highly desirable (or any other Islamic nation)
- Demonstrated staff management, project management, and food services mission/contract fulfillment
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills with strong analytical and problem solving abilities. Demonstrated staff management, project management, and life support mission/contract fulfillment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines staffing requirements for U.S. nationals, local nationals, (LNs), and/or third country nationals (TCNs)
- Recruits, interviews, hires, trains, and retains food service employees
- Oversee food service personnel processes and procedures. Establishes standards for food service personnel performance and customer service
- Coordinates daily with Program Manager, Operations Manager and Site Operations Managers
- Oversees daily, weekly, and monthly menu preparations for all food service locations. Obtains input and approves meal nutritional value, palatability, popularity, and costs
- Coordinates menu preparation with FOB sites and client support staff
- Establishes and enforces nutritional standards for dining establishments based on accepted industry standards
- Estimates food and beverage consumption at each facility and develops procurement solution anticipating amounts of food and beverages to be purchased on regular basis
- Overseas arrival or food stuff at each facility
- Coordinates with Logistics for successful movement of food by ground and air as needed
- Schedules and receives food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity
- Manages international subcontracted buyers to procure fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, canned/dry good, frozen food, beverages, equipment, and consumable supplies
- Investigates and resolves complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations
- Monitors budgets and payroll records. Reviews financial transactions for compliance with authorized and budgeted expenditures
- Manages team of equipment maintenance personnel responsible for food equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, fork lifts, ovens, stoves, cooking pots, shelving, tables, chairs, utensils
- Monitors compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, food shipment and delivery and building maintenance in lodging and dining facilities
- Monitors employee liquor consumption for conformance with regulations.
- Monitors food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing for compliance with food handling standards
- Schedules facility use or event catering services such as banquets or receptions. Negotiates details of arrangements with clients
- Tests cooked food by taste and smell for maximum palatability and flavor conformity
- Works normal workweek of 70-hours (10-hours day/7-days per week)
- Holds valid U.S. driver’s license
- Confirmed by a medical examination to be “medically and dentally fit”
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment; travel is required by surface or air
- The climate is desert-like, hot and prone to dust storms
Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration, food service, hospitality, nutrition or related field or equivalent experience.
Intrepid Global Solutions, LLC.
Intrepid Global Solutions, LLC. (IGS), is a leading international services company that provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. As a world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, IGS leverages and integrates its capabilities – IT & Communications, Aviation & Engineering Solutions, Power Solutions, Infrastructure & Logistics – to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers’ diverse and complex challenges.
Intrepid Global Solutions, LLC. (“IGS” and/or “Company”) and its affiliates, including but not limited to IAP World Services, Inc., and subsidiaries is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit New%20URL.