The Site Supervisor is a part of the operational management team and is responsible for coordination, organization and operational implementation of technical survey and clearance team’s operational deployment and work on site in accordance with and adhering to NPA Iraq SOPs. The Site Supervisor can supervise several teams/sites based on geographic distance and complexity of sites.
- Work within the framework of NPA core values
- Act as an ambassador for NPA, through professionalism and conduct
- Adhere to all NPA policies, regulations and procedures
- Maintain and care for all equipment issued by NPA and for any loss or damage, you will be liable for repair or replacement
- Follow all verbal and/or written instructions, unless in direct violation of safety and duty of care
- Ensure a safe workplace and protect all staff and equipment from damage/ injury
- Provide technical oversight of field operations under his supervision.
- Ensure adherence NPA Iraq SOP at all times.
- Implementation of teams deployment and operational work NTS, EORE, Survey and Clearance tasks under his supervision, this is includes upon completion of task and site remediation
- Collect, check team reports and ensure timely accurate recording are reported to TFM on all tasks conducted under his supervision.
- Ensure all team leaders and personnel under his control are correctly briefed, understand policies, and their duties and responsibilities, and adhere to NPA Iraq SOP and guidelines.
- Maintains discipline throughout the teams under his supervision and report breaches of SOP and discipline to NTFM and STFM.
- Ensure relevant equipment, materials, vehicles and stores are properly maintained, available, at the right time and at the correct locations for the teams under his supervision.
- Monitor the security situation in his area of responsibility and keeps the NTFM informed of any changes/developments.
- Collect and check other reports as required to HR and Log managers.
- Liaise with other Supervisors, NTS Team Leaders and local community when necessary
- In Coordination with NTFM organise, coordinate and conduct trainings, continuation trainings and assessments of operational staff.
- Daily visit operational teams/tasks under his supervision, ensuring sites is fully monitored and any errors identified is corrected and recorded.
- Perform operational/administrative duties as directed by NTFM to meet operational requirements.
- Conducting QA/QC checks on all teams/tasks under his supervision in accordance with SOP.
- Carry out other management, administrative and team tasks as dictated by changing circumstances, or as required by the NTFM.
- Supervise the preparation, maintenance and control of stores/equipment required for the team.
- Coordinate teams CASEVAC/Medevac exercises.
- Assist NTFM during reconnaissance and preparation of implementation plans.
- Stand in as Team Leaders in MTT’s if any prolonged absence reduces team outputs.
- Any additional duties as may be required
Qualifications & Skills
· EOD Level 3 Course
· Site supervisor course / relevant equivalent
- Secondary Degree
- Fluent in English language, reading and writing
- 5+ years’ experience from the mine action sector
- Experience EOD work
- Comprehensive knowledge of the land release process
How To Apply
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their CVs via [email protected]
- The subject of the email should be EHR-23-005
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
- CVs must be in English Language.
- NPA is an equal opportunity employer and Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email and/or phone call.
- Unsuccessful candidates will not get a reply.
- The Closing date is 26th Feb 2023.