- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals.
- Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- Act as the Program Manager’s principle operations representative.
- Responsible for the management of all O&M functions, including ensuring there are qualified personnel to meet staffing requirements, and the central planning, coordination, control, and actual performance of these functions.
- Manage the O&M and other assigned functions on site to ensure overall contract performance, which requires getting information to and from critical operating/supporting elements and directing/coordinating actions to ensure resources are fully utilized to properly perform the mission.
- Monitor system readiness, identify problem areas, and respond to mission requirements to perform contract requirements.
- Direct and monitor the preventive maintenance program; accept, process, coordinate, and assign work orders, projects, and large task assignments.
- Control resources; monitor staff proficiency and qualifications; monitor staff endurance; monitor the locations and activities of assets; and coordinate the flow of information to and from O&M staff.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum Acceptable Experience Level:
- Ten (10) years’ O&M experience compatible with program requirements.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Operations and Maintenance activities for a small plant, overseas, or military facility.
- Demonstrated ability to manage required staff.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
- Ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
- Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED. A bachelor’s degree in business management, project management or similar discipline leading to a broad management background is preferred.
- Passport, Licenses and Certifications: As part of pre-contingency requirements, by the time the visa process starts, candidates must possess a valid passport of with a minimum of 18 months remaining to expiration date with 8 blank pages. Valid drivers’ license.
- Security Vetting: Must possess an active US Government issued Secret security clearance or be eligible to obtain one. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification or clearance level for the duration of the contract.
- Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
- Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by Amentum and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
- Relevant experience, skills and knowledge of electrical, mechanical/HVAC, power generation, water systems for a large facility is strongly preferred.
- Relevant overseas operations management experience.
- Previous out of home country experience and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions are a plus.
- Experience working with Amentum / PAE.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit www.amentumcareers.com.