Candidates selected for a position must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved reasonable accommodation request on file for a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents them from complying with Acuity’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
To request a reasonable accommodation form, email [email protected]
Acuity International is currently seeking Paramedic to support our Middle East Programs. Paramedic will be assigned to treat patients in one of three settings: (1) Field Health Unit, (2) Small medical/trauma hospitals, (3) Large medical/trauma hospital.
Location: Deploying to Iraq
primary responsibilities of the Position include the following:
Provides medical services at the scope and level of a Paramedic to preserve the health of employees and client personnel.
Perform emergency skills, such as managing respiratory, trauma, and cardiac emergencies, and patient assessment.
Systematically assesses the urgent or emergent health needs of patients, analyzes data, and formulates a plan of care, with other members of the medical team, which is realistic in relation to the employee’s capabilities and job requirements.
Recognizes and treats illnesses and injuries according to established operating instructions within the scope of licensure and regulations of state employment or practice.
Measures and records vital signs, collects specimens, and escorts patients and visitors.
Prepares examining rooms, selects and lays out medical supplies, maintains medical equipment.
Records and reports patient information.
Records and maintains patient information in accordance with standard protocols, and the Privacy Act.
Pursues professional development activities and continuing education to ensure currency with present practices and trends in healthcare and specifically in the practice of emergency medical treatment.
Protects patients’ privacy through confidentiality, infection control procedures, assuring consistent medication administration, and assuring proper storage and maintenance procedures for all equipment and supplies.
Identifies and records the signs and symptoms of physical and mental conditions.
Thoroughly exercises skill in initiative, judgment, problem-solving and decision-making daily.
Makes independent judgments and prioritizes workload. .
Monitors reconciliation of financial transactions and ensures contract charges are applied uniformly.
Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years recent experience as Paramedic.
- Hold and maintain an active and unrestricted State Paramedic License, free from any pending adverse actions and the ability to be favorability credentialed by Acuity policy.
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) and Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) certification required.
- National Register – Paramedic is preferred and some positions will require NR-P.
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized and have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer and common office equipment, as well as with MS Office products required.
- Ability to adapt to sudden changes and flexibility in work requirements to include potential shift changes based on operational needs and/or command priorities.
- All health care providers and medical support staff must have recent clinical experience in patient care for at least 6 months out of the past year.
- Must have a current U.S. passport.
- Sign Foreign Service Agreement (FSA) prior to deployment.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Government Clearance.
- Must undergo a pre-deployment physical and meet 3.3.1 fitness for duty requirements.
- No conditions that would prevent the wear of personal protective equipment; including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor and chemical/biological protective garments or conditions that would prevent the capability of donning, lifting or carrying of up to 70 lbs. of referenced gear while running to a bunker or protected area in the face of perceived or imminent danger.
- Work involves sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time.
- May require bending, stooping and lifting as required for patient care and transport.
Acuity International is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
For OFCCP compliance, the taxable entity associated with this job posting is:
Acuity – CHS Middle East, LLC
To apply for this job please visit acuityinternational.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.