Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Iraq, further guidance from the Deputy FAOR and the direct supervision of the Senior Resilience Specialist, the incumbent will be primarily responsible to assist the project team with the implementation of FAO Iraq country programme.
Programme developmnet, planning, coordination. Implementation and monitoring
Tasks And Responsibilities
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects, etc.; monitors and analyses programme/project development and implementation;
- Reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions;
- Supports the timely preparation of the project work plan, procurement plan, logistics, HR and all other related aspects of projects;
- Develops and maintain liaison with the relevant stakeholders including governmental focal persons;
- Supports the identification of potential project target areas, beneficiary selection and prioritization of field activities and scheduling based on ground priorities,
- Prepares regular updates on work plan implementation status and project reports based on FAO and donor requirements;
- Monitors and reviews the project technical and financial progress and share with the supervisor and proposes budget revisions when and if required in close coordination of Operation;
- Prepares various written outputs, e.g. drafts background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.;
- Undertakes outreach and communication activities; contribute to the development of learning materials; support training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities;
- Participates in field missions and prepare mission summaries;
- Assists in activities related to programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc. and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
- Supports the closure of the project technically and financially, prepares, and submits the final project report after seeking clearances;
- Participates in relevant coordination groups, Task Forces, working groups as required;
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree, preferably in humanities, social sciences, political sciences or any related area;
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English and limited knowledge (Level B) of another FAO official languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Extensive work experience (at least 5 years) in programme development and management with demonstrated experience in writing project documents, resource mobilization, staff supervision and management;
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Ability to work with and forge networks with both Government and grassroots organisations,
- Good understanding of national and regional social-political context;
- Knowledge of UN system and essential UN documents, including FAO and UNV programmes, activities and main partners in the country;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good management skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritise workload;
- Computer literacy;
- Working knowledge of local languages an asset;
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions.
- Extent and relevance of experience in the field of policy support on sustainable production and natural resources and/or related fields.
- Extent and relevance of experience in programme/project formulation, analysis, planning and implementation.
- Extent of experience in working with UN or other international or regional bodies and familiarity with global processes and governing bodies.
- Understanding of FAO policies and programmes is considered a strong asset.
Call For Expressions Of Interest – Vacancy Announcement
08/Jan/2024, 5:59:00 PM
FNIRQ – FAO Representation in Iraq
Type of Requisition
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture.
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply;
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
To apply for this job please visit jobs.fao.org.