IN2 is an award-winning specialist communications and research company dedicated to creating positive change for communities in high-risk and rapidly changing environments. We use innovative and engaging two-way communications to create impact across the full spectrum of geo-political and socio-economic issues, including global security, international development, business transformation and climate change.
IN2 combines a global geopolitical outlook with a rich understanding of local grassroots sentiment to help clients develop, deliver and measure communication campaigns that connect our clients with their intended audiences in a language, manner, and medium that feels natural to them.
With our track record of delivering culturally-sensitive campaigns in Rapidly Changing Environments around the world, including higher-risk environments, IN2 has become a trusted partner and advisor to a range of clients from national governments and transnational institutions to global corporations. In addition to our operational headquarters in Istanbul, IN2 has offices in the UK, UAE, Jordan, Europe, Iraq and Kenya. This role is located in Iraq.
As we continue to expand our operations, we are seeking a highly motivated and experienced professional to join our team of 160 culturally diverse staff that hail from 20 countries, as the Iraq Business Development Lead. This role is crucial in driving the growth and success of our business in Iraq and the surrounding region.
We are committed to diversity in our workplace.
As part of a values-driven organisation, the successful candidate will be expected to understand and live by IN2’s values to ensure alignment with our rich company culture. Our values are: Creativity, Integrity, Curiosity, Empowerment, Accountability, Impact, Innovation, Collaboration, Social Responsibility and Agility.
Purpose of the Role:
As the Business Development Lead for Iraq, you’ll be at the forefront of IN2’s growth initiatives in Iraq, developing a robust client portfolio and driving strategic opportunities that align with our core pillars of:
- Confronting the climate crisis
- Preventing violent extremism
- Empowering vulnerable communities
- Countering disinformation
- Promoting sustainable, transparent, and ethical supply chains
- Strengthening cyber security, and
- Protecting cultural heritage
Business Growth and Client Management
- Develop and maintain IN2’s existing client pipeline in Iraq.
- Identify and engage potential clients in both the private and public sectors.
- Recognise early-stage opportunities and turn them into solid prospects.
- Provide advisory support on projects to ensure client satisfaction.
Bid Writing and Reporting
- Support and occasionally lead the bid- and proposal-writing process to secure new contracts.
- Report on key performance indicators (KPIs) related to business development activities, providing regular updates (monthly updates on short and mid-term prospects and proposals, quarterly updates on long-term initiatives and market developments) to Leadership.
- Bring discipline to the use of technology, particularly Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software for effective pipeline management.
- This position reports to our Head of Business Development.
- Maintain a comprehensive overview of the market, identifying key trends and strategic business opportunities.
- Contribute to the development and execution of branding and marketing strategies that highlight IN2’s value proposition.
Networking and Stakeholder Engagement
- Establish and expand a professional network in relevant sectors.
- Build and oversee partnerships with external organisations within our industry space to help IN2 compete for sole-source and tendered contracts.
- Collaborate internally with teams to align on business objectives and engage the external environment to create growth opportunities.
- Represent IN2 at industry events and on social media to enhance brand visibility and identify potential business opportunities.
Content and Thought Leadership
- Collaborate in the development of white papers on topics relevant to clients and prospects.
- Champion the growth of IN2’s climate change and cultural heritage practices in Iraq.
Culture, Compliance, and Ethics
- Ensure all business activities adhere to lawful and ethical standards, particularly IN2’s business Code of Conduct.
- Encourage and contribute to a culture of value creation at IN2, so colleagues across departments are proactively sharing potential business opportunities.
Note: This job specification serves as a general guideline and may be adjusted to meet the specific needs of the company.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, International Relations, Behaviour Science, Marketing, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred) OR over six (6) years of directly relevant experience for this role.
2. A minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience in business development or sales, preferably in an international setting within the Middle East, Africa, and Europe.
3. Proven track record of successfully developing and implementing business development strategies, resulting in demonstrable revenue growth and market expansion.
4. Strong understanding of Iraq and the surrounding region’s geopolitics, business environment, cultural nuances, and market dynamics.
6. Demonstrated ability to network, negotiate, close deals, whilst building strong relationships with key stakeholders, clients, and partners.
7. Fluency in Arabic and English; knowledge of other languages (Kurdish, German, French, Turkish) relevant to the surrounding regions would be advantageous.
8. Willingness, and ability, to travel within the Middle East and Europe as required.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong research and market analysis skills.
- Effective networking abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge in at least three of the following areas: climate change; asylum, migration, and reintegration; corporate affairs and communications; preventing violent extremism; countering disinformation; social and behavior change (SBC); cyber security; supply chain transparency; cultural heritage.
- Established connections with international and multilateral organisations will be considered an advantage.
- Established connections within the climate change sector, especially with initiatives and networks operating in Iraq and the surrounding countries, will be considered an advantage.
Personal Qualities Required:
1. Loves winning. Even when it’s not going to plan and others are fearing failure, the Business Development Lead will always look for positive opportunities to create a motivational win.
2. Thrives in a busy, multi-tasking environment.
3. Enjoys coaching others, and has a growth mindset to be coached for excellence.
4. Unflappable under pressure.
5. Proactive, values-driven and results-oriented mindset, with a proven ability to achieve targets and meet deadlines.
6. Confident and comfortable with professional capabilities.
7. Enjoys meeting people and professional socialising.
8. Able to demonstrate a high level of writing ability, creative planning, project management and team management.
The compensation package for this position is based on various factors, including experience, educational background, key skills, and the location of work. We believe in rewarding our employees for their expertise and dedication. As part of the salary structure, a portion will be commissioned based, as we are looking for candidates who are confident in their ability to succeed and excel in this role. We value individuals who are driven to achieve results and contribute to the continued growth and success of IN2.
The Small Print:
We receive a high number of applications per role and therefore ONLY successful applicants will be contacted.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the education and experience requirements.
To apply for this job please visit in2comms.bamboohr.com.