International Organization for Migration
Position Title: Programme Support Officer (Partnerships and Coordination Division (PCD))
Duty Station: Erbil, Iraq
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 16 February 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), and the direct supervision of the Programme Support Officer (Partnerships and Coordination Division (PCD)) and in close collaboration with the thematic programme unit management, the successful candidate will assist in the development and implementation of the Country Office’s (CO) resource mobilisation and external liaison functions that respond to new and emerging challenges for IOM Iraq, support the CO’s project development, reporting and fundraising actions, and assist in internal co-ordination. The successful candidate will also act as a transition and recovery Focal Point in PCD.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide inputs for the development of new programmes/projects that respond to emerging trends and priorities, in close coordination with relevant Program Managers, PCD Head /CoM/DCOM, MENA Regional Office and external partners, in compliance with donor interests and requirements, and IOM procedures and guidance documents.
- Support donor contract management through coordinating the administrative and budgetary aspects of new and ongoing projects, including assisting with activation, processing, endorsement, records-keeping and submissions in line with specific IOM internal requirements and procedures.
- Consolidate and analyse data on programme implementation and indicators and co-ordinate with Programme Managers, CoM/DCOM and senior management for the drafting of regular progress reports to be submitted to donors, partners and IOM Regional and Headquarters.
- Support fundraising actions by maintaining regular contact with donor relations counterparts, including organising and attending meetings and field site visits, contributing to the development, review and distribution of project funding submissions/proposals and appeals, and compiling information on donor policies and priorities.
- Assist in the overall integration of Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) outputs in existing and new projects in partnership with the MEAL Unit and Program Managers; and support the development of M&E data collection and quality assurance tools for projects or programs.
- Assist in coordinating the compilation of reports and papers on IOM strategic approaches and priorities for internal and external distribution; and research, draft and present documents necessary for project development, reporting and donor liaison purposes.
- Undertake regular in-country and field visits in Iraq to assist in coordinating, evaluating and improving the planning, implementation and monitoring of assistance projects.
- Provide general administrative and technical support in preparation and organization of conferences, meetings, and trainings and other events related to donor and IOM-United Nations liaison, including communication and liaison with donors, counterparts, and the Government of Iraq.
- Support the direct supervisor where needed to provide information and inputs to the CoM/DCOM, and to liaise with relevant authorities, United Nations agencies, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), Government and other stakeholders.
- Keep accurate and pertinent records of all correspondence, project development and reporting files and administration information including maintaining the Project Tracking Matrix, SharePoint, and PRIMA files.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, International Relations, Humanitarian Affairs, Development Studies, Peace and Conflict Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Previous experience working in an international organization and knowledge of the UN is essential;
- Previous experience with and knowledge of foreign government funding mechanisms is essential;
- Previous work in relevant issues such as migration, livelihoods and job creation strategies, displacement and stabilisation across the Middle East or Iraq is essential; and,
- Experience in project development, reporting, fundraising and donor relations, project monitoring and evaluation required.
- Good knowledge of programme management cycle;
- Strong project development and report writing skills, including for developing results matrices and log frames, and critical analysis; and,
- Computer skills and knowledge of relational databases, Microsoft applications, spreadsheets, word processing etc. is essential.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications HERE via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 16 February 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: SVN 2023 26 Programme Support Officer (Partnerships and Coordination Division (PCD))
(P2) Erbil, Iraq (57957854) Released
Posting: Posting NC57957855 (57957855) Released
Closing date: 16 Feb 2023