Première Urgence Internationale
Fixed-term contract – 12 months
Starting date : 02/01/2023
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 24 countries, on 5 continents
- Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2500 national staffs
- Around 225 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 120 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in IRAQ
Our mission in IRAQ has been open since 1983. PUI develops its integrated approach with to bring help to vulnerable refugees, displaced persons as well as host communities (to avoid marginalization when the pressure on available resources becomes unbearable), in order to improve their living conditions and reinforce their resilience to enable them to regain dignity and autonomy. Furthermore, PUI provides a humanitarian response to needs arising from movements of population through actions aimed at reinforcing the existing Health system, and providing Mental Health Psychosocial Support to the people in need, but also at providing access to Shelter, to drinking Water, Hygiene and Sanitation. Today, the mission is implementing 4 projects.
What about the Deputy Head of Mission for Programs ?
As Deputy Head of Mission for Programs (DHoMP) you will be responsible for the implementation of the programs across the different bases, ensuring the steering and the development of a pertinent, appropriate and technically sound program strategy.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
Programs: You will be in charge of program implementation, ensuring that programs progress in accordance with PUI charter and complying with internal technical guidelines and contractual procedures. You will be responsible for the follow up of programs achievement at mission level. You will be in charge of challenging Bases on quality need for improvement.
Development/Strategy: You will lead the needs and gaps analysis, and suggest new operations according to the needs identified in direct coordination with the Field and Technical Coordinators. You will lead the donor mapping to develop the fundraising strategy.
Human resources: You will manage directly the Technical Coordination Team, and ensure that the Field Coordinators and Deputy Field Coordinators are properly supported by them.
Representation: By delegation from the Head of Mission, you will ensure and coordinate PUI’s representation at national level among partners, donors and authorities. You will participate in technical forums (Working groups).
Coordination: You will ensure the effective interaction between the Technical Coordination Team and the bases. You will also ensure that the technical coordination department is properly liaising with the support coordinators.
Logistics, administrative and financial monitoring: You will be involved in direct collaboration with the Technical Coordinators in the global oversight of links between the technical coordination department and logistics, HR and administrative departments. You will guarantee that the implementation of all activities is done while respecting all internal and external logistics and administrative frames.
The challenges that await you :
The PUI Iraq mission is in a period of transition from purely humanitarian work toward a nexus/development approach. The Head of Mission will have to accompany this transition while actively fundraising in a funding landscape that is changing.
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Master’s degree in a field related to Project Management, international development and/or social sciences. Training in Public Health / Protection / Livelihood and/or Shelter will be valued.
- Experience: Strengthened by minimum 4 years managing multi-sectorial humanitarian projects (among which at least 2 years in coordination position) and a strong experience in project management, you also have experience in assessing needs and developing proposals, in external representation and in team management. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You master project management and team management, you demonstrate strong knowledge in donor requirements and expectations, particularly ECHO, BHA, WFP, UNHCR, CDCS, AFD and BPRM, you also have excellent writing skills (especially for proposals and reporting).
- Qualities: You have strong leadership skills and ability to make decisions, a sense of analysis (discernment, pragmatism) and synthesis. You are a good negotiator and communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate organization skills, rigor, flexibility, capacity to remain calm and level-headed.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Arabic and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Iraq is an emblematic country for international solidarity. After many crises, the country is in a period of transition, needing capable actors to create stronger and more viable institutions. PUI needs someone who can think both in terms of the remaining pockets of humanitarian needs, but also see at a larger scale toward development work. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Cadre with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 970,00 – 3 500,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
How to apply ?
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023