Handicap International - Humanity & Inclusion
Handicap International/Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. More info: www.hi.org
HI is committed to an employment policy in favour of persons with disabilities.
HI has been registered and operational in Iraq since 1991 and has become a lead implementing agency in the emergency response in the Health and Protection sectors, operating across Ninewa, Kirkuk, Baghdad, Anbar and Basra Governorates. Since 2014, HI has scaled up its intervention in Iraq to respond to the humanitarian needs generated by the capture of territory by the IS-group, subsequent military operations and the widespread displacement of Iraqi populations.
Following years of conflict the health system in Iraq has been impacted by a reduction in resources and qualified staff available to provide services. Conflict and other recent events in Iraq has led to an increase in the number of people with trauma injuries while facing insufficient service capacity to meet needs. As part of the recovery and reconstruction phase of the response in Iraq, HI provides both direct services alongside capacity development and support to existing services. HI is looking to increase activities in central and southern governorates, through establishing stronger representation with ministries and key health service leaders. HI will continue to support the government to develop strategic capacity and service development in Diyala and Anbar governorates, while working with partners (NGO and government) to establish specialized pain and trauma management centres and services in Baghdad and Basra.
Under the responsibility of the Technical Unit Regional Manager IRAQ, as Technical Specialist, contribute within the country where you are based to the implementation of the mandate and the 10-year strategy of Humanity & Inclusion. You ensure optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in the country, through a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms. You share with all HI managers the responsibility of a sound management and successful functioning of the global organization, through paradigm changes.
1. Expertise : Contribute to the regional strategies in line with the global strategies:
– You ensure technical support to projects in line with the global technical frameworks and standards in your sectorial scope,
– provide adequate technical guidance and support to Project Managers when relevant (adapt standards to PM’s tools, contribute to proposal writing and reporting) in line with strategies, standards and mandatory transversal approaches
– ensure adequate support to multi-sector responses within projects, in line with the other specialists;
– identify the priorities of Research and Studies and steer R&S.
2. Influence : Contribute to the local external prestige and influence of HI’s expertise in his sectorial scope:
– You represent the technical expertise of HI throughout the local relevant networks,
– contribute to advocacy on specific themes in line with the global advocacy priorities,
– contribute to communication messages locally in line with the global communication priorities
3. Business development : Ensure the development of major opportunities or new projects in the region under his sectorial scope:
– You contribute to the design and writing of new projects in the region and when asked in other countries within the Geographic Division,
– identify & transform major opportunities in the region under his scope
– identify & develop local partnerships and/or consortium with NGOs, Institutions, Companies on technical priorities or important topics in the region under his sectorial scope
Profil recherché :
- You hold a degree in physiotherapy or occupational therapy
- You have experience of project management and you have at least 5 years of experience in your professional field, including work in low to middle income countries
- You have good written and oral institutional communication in French and English
- You have good communication skills in english,
- You have strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- You are flexible and reactive
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
- 12 months International contract starting from march 2023
- The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
- Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
- Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
- Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
- Repatriation insurance paid by HI
- Salary from 2 760 € gross/month upon experience
- Perdiem: 569.88 € net/month – paid in the field
- Hardship: 250 € net/month paid with your salary
- Paid leaves: 25 days per year;
- R&R: according to the level of the mission Level 2: 5 days every 3 months => + possible transport/package support.
- open to couples (from 3 months of mission)
- Support travel costs (air ticket & visa) for accompanying dependent and health/ repatriation insurance if the dependent has no income.
- Mission of more than 18 months: payment of one yearly additional return flight
- Housing: Individual taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country: local package
How to apply
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link:
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis, don’t wait for applying!
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 24 Feb 2023