The MEAL officer Is responsible for assisting in the improvement and institutionalization of key M&E standards, processes, and systems/tools that support organizational planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting requirements , He/she will be working Under the supervision of Programme manager and reporting to project Manager.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Plans Assists in the initiating of the planning and implementation of M&E plans in collaboration with program and project staff. Supports the execution of the M&E plans and the implementation of appropriate data collection, analysis instruments and methodologies for internal monitoring & monitoring for all programs/projects.
- Supports the program/project teams in translating program/project objectives into specific results. Assists in developing and guiding program/project teams and country offices on indicator selection and measurement. Contributes to M&E plans/frameworks as needed. Works with program/project teams to establish annual goals.
- Assists in identifying the needs for methodologies, tools/assessments or changes to program/project data collection to support monitoring and evaluation. Collaborates with and supports program/project teams in recording M&E related data collection in Cordaid’s software system
- Complies with Cordaid’s policies and procedures in the area of M&E, security and integrity.
- Assists in training and building the capacity of staff and partners in planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning. Supports and helps staff and partners in the M&E field of expertise
- Keeps informed of new developments in the M&E field of expertise. Assists in identifying and sharing lessons and principles learned to staff and partners.
- Assists in producing monthly and annual reports showing the progress of projects.
- Any other duties assigned by the line manager
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding, and any suggested violation to Cordaid’s Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear, or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
- University degree or specialized certificate / professional qualification in social sciences, statistics, health, economy or other relevant subject.
- Minimum of three years’ relevant working experience in the field planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and/or learning in international NGO environment Experience and knowledge about program/project M&E development, project based working, participatory approaches, statistical analysis programs, and reporting standards Strong organizer of one’s own work, setting the right priorities Behavioural values and skills: trust, accountability, problem solving, cooperation, networking, planning & organization, flexibility, creativity, innovative, diplomatic, result-oriented.
- Very good English – Arabic
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge about the local context .
- Ability to work effectively in harsh conditions
- Ability to provide strong leadership in especially difficult circumstances
- A strong team player
- Has integrity
- Provide strong leadership in difficult situations
- Strong networking skills
- Ability to correctly analyze problem situations
How To Apply
Applications including a motivation letter , references and extensive CV in English to [email protected], before the deadline which is Feb 25, 2023.
Note: Please include the “RM&E-BAGHDAD ” in the subject line of your email. Any email without the subject line will not be considered.
Due to the urgency, Cordaid reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline.
for any information about Cordaid organization, please visit our website: www.cordaid.org
Cordaid is fully committed to a safe working environment and the highest integrity standards. To read more on our commitment to Integrity, click here: https://www.cordaid.org/en/who-we-are/integrity-and-code-of-conduct/. An integrity screening will be part of this application procedure