MSI is implementing the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Services (PMES) activity in Iraq. PMES provides the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) with support in the areas of project/activity monitoring, evaluation, research, organizational learning, and knowledge management. USAID/Iraq has requested PMES’ support to undertake a mid-term evaluation of Enabling Durable Solutions for a Cohesive and Diverse Ninewa Plains Activity, also known as Shared Future (SF), implemented by Catholic Relief Services (CRS) and its partners.
- Please note: Only Iraqi nationals are eligible for this position.**
The Social Scientist will be expected to help design the evaluation and prepared the inception report, as well as participate in planning, scheduling, and conducting primary data collection activities such as key informant interviews and focus group discussions. The Scientist will also code and analyze qualitative data and participate in team debriefing meetings and the development of findings, conclusions and recommendations. The Scientist will contribute to report drafting, and participate in drafting and delivering presentations on findings and recommendations at various stages of the research under the direction of the Team Lead and in close coordination with other team members. The Scientist will report to PMES Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist. The level of effort for the position is 60 days, allocated between March 15 and October 15, 2023. The position will require travel for primary data collection, although some interviews may be conducted virtually. It is anticipated that the Scientist will travel within Ninewa and Erbil city to conduct key informant interviews and focus group discussions, and to Baghdad to participate in presentations.
- Support the Inception Report and evaluation design.
- Support the development of data collection instruments.
- Participate in data collection, including key informant interviews and focus group discussions.
- Support qualitative data analysis, including coding transcripts.
- Contribute to data collection notes, including transcripts from interviews.
- Contribute to the draft versions and final evaluation report, including the development of findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Participate in drafting and delivering presentations on research methodology, findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Master’s degree in a social science field or related discipline required.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience required.
- Expertise in the dynamics of Ninewa governorate required.
- Experience in qualitative research methods, tool development, conducting data collection interviews and focus group discussions, and coding and analyzing qualitative data that can be applied to this evaluation’s scope of work required.
- Accessible stable internet during the full duration of the consultancy and the ability to use video conferencing software required.
- Ability to travel, if required.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Strong written and spoken English and Arabic required.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Organization: 216 MSI
To apply for this job please visit tetratech.referrals.selectminds.com.